Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-30-2010, 02:24 PM   #1
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
New Hallowe'en Story: Catgut Variations (on a G String)

Hi folks. I've been busy sending magazine submissions, composing articles and writing new stories, but it occurred to me the other day that it's been a while since I've offered a freebie. So, in the Hallowe'en spirit, here's a "treat"...

Yesterday morning, I posted a new story — "Catgut Variations (on a G String)" — at The Friday Challenge, as part of Kersley Fitzgerald's Story-a-Day initiative to (emotionally) benefit Mrs. ~brb and Audrey, the (patiently) devoted wives of SF writer Bruce Bethke and Henry Vogel, who run the site.

Then last night, "Catgut Variations (on a G String)" was (virtually) read at the Newsgroup Fantasy Convention, hosted by Julie Czerneda.

Oh, I nearly forgot... for all you light horrific weird fantasy fans, Bruce Campbell also gets a mention in this one.

Here is the opening line:
Quote:
I once owned a violin, covered with green silk, wrapped in gold and gauze, bound with iron chains and hidden in a teak-wood cask. It was an odd way to keep a violin, I'll admit....
... but you'll have to visit one of these links to get the rest of the story:

Enjoy! (And no sporks in the yard this year, please.)

— M.D.B.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote