Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Anyone know of where there is commented Shakespeare?

I may be the only one, but difficult books like Shakespeare have always been rather, well, difficult for me. But when explained, I usually really enjoy what is there. So I'm wondering if anyone has ever run across any commented versions of great literature, including Shakespeare.

The closest I've found is No Fear Shakespeare, which is pretty neat, but not so accessible remotely for e-books.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
tablepaper
tablepaper began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iliad
There are lots of annotated Cliff Notes eBooks which provide insight into many of Shakespeare's works.
Have a look at the following URL:
http://www.ebookmall.com/ebooks-auth...tes-ebooks.htm
I don't know if those eBooks come with the Shakespeare play as well but you can get that at Project Gutenburg.
If you go to another site called eNotes, you can get some sort of pass which allows you to get the original Shakespeare text side-by-side with a modern translation by a scholar. See http://www.enotes.com/macbeth-text/ for an example.
tablepaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert