Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-30-2021, 07:25 PM   #1
jdege
Connoisseur
jdege began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Kindle for PC v1.17 can no longer register?

It's been a few months since I'd bought an ebook from Amazon, but today I bought the next four books in the Discwotld series, and went through my usual process to get them into Calibre.

I fired up my Windows 10 VM, and downloaded them in Kindle for PC.

Only to find that Amazon had updated my Kindle app to the most current version despite my having turned auto-update off in settings.

So I uninstalled, and reinstalled version 1.17.

And when I tried to register it good me I had and invalid email.

I installed version 1.26, and that version would let me register, but it downloaded files that Calibre couldn't read.

So I can no longer buy books from Amazon and load them into Calibre.

Which means I'll no longer buy books from Amazon.
jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 07:40 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdege View Post
It's been a few months since I'd bought an ebook from Amazon, but today I bought the next four books in the Discwotld series, and went through my usual process to get them into Calibre.

I fired up my Windows 10 VM, and downloaded them in Kindle for PC.

Only to find that Amazon had updated my Kindle app to the most current version despite my having turned auto-update off in settings.

So I uninstalled, and reinstalled version 1.17.

And when I tried to register it good me I had and invalid email.

I installed version 1.26, and that version would let me register, but it downloaded files that Calibre couldn't read.

So I can no longer buy books from Amazon and load them into Calibre.

Which means I'll no longer buy books from Amazon.
See this sticky thread

I use 1.24 in my win 10 VM with no problems, plus I have the K4PC download to a shared folder with so it is easy to drag and drop to Linux calibre.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2021, 07:49 PM   #3
jdege
Connoisseur
jdege began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
My deDRM tool keeps asking for my Kindle serial number.
jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 04:09 PM   #4
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
It stopped for me too. I have 1.16 installed, and it complains about network errors.
I assume Amazon either changed the old API endpoints it used to connect to, or blocked its version number.

I have since switched to the latest version. Note that it involves a change in the DRM file format.
salty-horse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre azw