Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 10-23-2023, 06:14 AM   #1
ucgbmta
ucgbmta began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, ibook
azw9.res file conversion

I downloaded the latest calibre and tried to convert my sheet music purchased both on amazon and ibooks but failed on both account. Amazon extension is azw9.res Can anyone help? I changed the extension to azw3 and azw7 and didnt' work.
ucgbmta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 10:04 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
The .azw9.res file extension is used for KFX resource files downloaded using either Kindle for iOS or the new Kindle for Mac app. That file contains only part of the content of the book.

You can try installing the KFX Input plugin for calibre and importing the main book file, the one with a .azw8 extension. However that may not work since as far as I know the DRM removal plugin available for calibre does not support files downloaded using those apps.

For ideas about other ways to obtain a usable copy of your book see the threads:
Amazon and DRM changes
Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre.

Last edited by jhowell; 10-23-2023 at 10:08 AM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2023, 02:53 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As for your iBooks purchases, as far as I know, there is no tool for removing DRM from them so you will not be able to convert them.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle conversion calibre