Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-16-2018, 09:08 AM   #1
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
If you liked the official Oasis2 cover design concept

Having recently bought an Oasis2, I thought I would mention that I came across a 3rd party cover that uses a similar design to the official cover.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The main difference from the official Oasis 2 cover (which Amazon withdrew from sale) is that it does not have the built in stand. It is also cheaper than the official one was (ranging from 19.99 to 27.99). I do not have the original cover to compare stability, and the reviews are mixed. There are one or two stating that it has a stronger magnetic connection and holds better; there are also a couple that say it falls off too easily. I personally like it so far and have not had any problems with mine falling off during normal use, and have not used the optional sticky take that it comes with it. Since this one has not been mentioned here, I just thought it might be helpful to anyone who was attracted to the design of the official cover and wanted a similar alternative.
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:21 AM   #2
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
I bought the cover you posted in blue. I love the color and texture, but it keeps allowing my Oasis to fall out. Even with the sticky tape.

The magnet didn't hold the Oasis securely at all.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I will NEVERpay over 10$ for a cover. You can get nice covers on ebay
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:23 PM   #4
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
I bought the cover you posted in blue. I love the color and texture, but it keeps allowing my Oasis to fall out. Even with the sticky tape.

The magnet didn't hold the Oasis securely at all.

Sorry to hear that. So far, at least, I have not had that problem, but am aware of course, that this type of cover can be vulnerable to such problems. I wonder if some type of a couple of small strips of some ultra thin variety of hook and loop fastener might work. I believe that there are such products around.
Old 04-16-2018, 12:56 PM   #5
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
great find, for more info, see:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=295735
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2018, 01:51 PM   #6
Avwriter
Addict

Thank you. Obviously I did not realize that this cover had already been mentioned here. Still, this type of cover seems rare, and while not for everyone, perhaps some will find it useful.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:58 PM   #7
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
I was going to pick up one of those cases but I really disliked the unfinished edges. So in the end I had to go with the official case since it is the only other one I could find that uses magnets.

Just an FYI if you are in the US and really want the official one you can get one at retail on Best Buy online.
Here in the Charcoal and Here in the Sandstone. They are sold out of the Indigo.

It makes an ok stand but I like the fold because it makes it easier to open. Almost like opening a book. The only flaw I can see is if you press on the left side of the Kindle it can pop the case loose but other than that I can hang it by the case and shake it pretty good and it will not come off. I use a skin on the back too if that makes a difference.

From the photos of the Ayotu case it would have the same issue of popping by pressing against the edge of the Kindle.

I think Amazon could solve the problems with a slightly stronger magnet and recessing the back off the edge a few mm so it cannot be easily pressed against.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:01 PM   #8
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
the cover is nice but not worth the $$
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #9
sekazi
Enthusiast
sekazi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2017
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I only paid $9.99 so well worth it for myself without those bulky cases that are more difficult to remove. After using it for a week I would have paid $44.99. Especially since it does not cover my skin.
sekazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 08:24 PM   #10
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Thin Covers

The problem that I have with all of the ultra thin covers, is that they cut into my hands. I read three books a day on average, so I am holding my kindle for a long time at a stretch. I bought a finte cover where the Kindle slips down in the cover and there is a border all around it. It is heavier of course than the ultra light ones, but I find it much more comfortable than the sharp ones. I really didn't like the finte one because it felt like sand was under the inside of the front cover, very, very annoying. Moko apparently doesn't make this kind of cover in almond blossom, can not imagine why. I ended up buying one in indigo from Moko. Haven't seen it yet, but I am sure it will be fine.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:35 PM   #11
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
That is your opinion.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote