Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-23-2022, 05:09 PM   #1
Glare8602
Glare8602 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo sage
Is the deDRM plugin working? I am struggling today after trying a lot of things.

Hello,

I have been at this for a few hours today. I bought a new Amazon Kindle book I was hoping to read on my Kobo tonight.

What I have done:

* Read many blog posts
* Downloaded Kindle for Mac v 1.29.xx
locked it from updating using the terminal

* Installed, uninstalled, and reinstalled Calibre v6.4 v6.3 v5.x v4.23,
v10.0.3 of the obok plugin, and deDRM plugin
also a kfx plugin

DRM is not coming off this kindle book I bought. It is an .azw file. I am unsure if I am doing something wrong or if Amazon updated their DRM recently? or???

Looking for ideas. Maybe try command line Calibre and share the log? I don't know how to use the CLI (yet) or what version of Calibre and the tools to use.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Glare8602; 09-23-2022 at 05:11 PM. Reason: grammar
Glare8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 05:27 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The plugin works with the latest versions. Do you have both Calibre and the Kindle for Mac installed under the same user? And note that DRM is removed on importing, so if it didn't work, you'll have to delete the book from Calibre and import it again.

Last edited by Sirtel; 09-23-2022 at 05:30 PM.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2022, 07:01 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I have a vague memory that K4Mac stopped downloading KFX files that would allow DRM removal around 1.26(???).

Did you run "chmod -x /Applications/Kindle.app/Contents/MacOS/renderer-test" which should work up to K4Mac 1.41 to disable KFX downloads?

Last edited by DNSB; 09-24-2022 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Edit corrected type from 1.21 to 1.31
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2022, 07:54 PM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
If DRM removal is not working for you then it is best to ask for help in the Issues section of NoDRM's GitHub.

https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/issues

You want also want to check out this thread, Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre, which lists all of the workable methods of obtaining Kindle books that can be processed by DeDRM.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 12:34 AM   #5
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
K4Mac works through 1.31.

See this post for Mac specific steps:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=508
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2022, 07:48 AM   #6
Glare8602
Glare8602 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo sage
Thank you everyone. I read the comments here and decided to try again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled everything today, made sure deDRM had my kindle key, then it worked. Im not sure what I did wrong the other 10 times �� deDRM had a key on previous attempts, but maybe it wasn't there when I first tried to import the book?

M1 Mac
MacOS v12.6
Calibre v5.44?
deDRM v10.0.3
kindle4mac v 1.30

question mark on Calibre version because I had 3 versions installed. I am pretty sure I imported the .azw into v5.44
Glare8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 07:39 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
K4Mac works through 1.31.

See this post for Mac specific steps:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=508
My bad! I corrected the typo in my message.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 09:47 PM   #8
BiliBug
Connoisseur
BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BiliBug ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage (Formerly KKB, PW1, PW3, KV, OA3)
Folks, honestly…

1st rule of deDRM plug-in…. Don’t talk about deDRM plug-in. At least not on MobileRead.
BiliBug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 11:02 AM   #9
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiliBug View Post
Folks, honestly…

1st rule of deDRM plug-in…. Don’t talk about deDRM plug-in. At least not on MobileRead.
Not really. You can talk about it, but you just can't provide detailed steps or help on how to use it. The rules here changed several years ago to something a bit more relaxed and rational.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dedrm, help calbire, kindle, macos