Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 09-18-2017, 01:46 PM   #1
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Download Book from Amazon Doesn't Work

I'm posting this here because I'm thinking this has to do with a format issue. Using my Mac and Amazon's webpage, I download a purchased book. What is get is a file with a name that contains the book, but no file extension. At first I thought it was only happening to books with larger names, but that is not so, I found books with short names also with no file extension.

This does not happen on every book, some download with a file extension and everything's fine. This is happening way too often.

Ideas, please.
jangell2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:58 PM   #2
jangell2
Addict
jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jangell2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A little more info. I used my kindle to download one of these problem books. When it arrives on my pw, I use Finder to look at the files. It is in a folder like all other books are, but there are two files for the book. Once has and azw3f and the other has an azw6 extension. Calibre doesn't see these books.

So is Amazon trying to knock Calibre out of the box now?
Advert
Old 09-18-2017, 09:16 PM   #3
jcsalomon
Zealot
jcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheesejcsalomon can extract oil from cheese

Device: Bookari (née Mantano Reader) on Android; Kindle Fire HD
See Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre.
jcsalomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
jangell2
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsalomon View Post
Doesn't that only apply when trying to use the kindle app on a pc or mac? I'm not doing that. I just using Amazon's "Manage you content" on their webpage to download. From their I want to use Calibre to import the book into Calibre which I can't do.