Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-13-2019, 11:23 AM   #316
Ntress
Ntress began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanScuffling View Post
Well, if you selected any particular patch, check and see if it had the desired effect. E.g., if you selected "Swap reading header/footer: ", by setting it to "yes" [this is one of my favorites], see if they are swapped.
I succeeded to sideload a kepub with the USB cable..
the kobopatch is installed.
But regarding the setting to "yes" for example in the header/footer. how do you set it to yes?
Ntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:13 PM   #317
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntress View Post
I succeeded to sideload a kepub with the USB cable..
the kobopatch is installed.
But regarding the setting to "yes" for example in the header/footer. how do you set it to yes?
You have to do it before installing the kobopatch. Open the .yaml file with Notepad and change "no" to "yes". And save, of course. Then run the kobopatch.bat.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #318
Ntress
Ntress began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
You have to do it before installing the kobopatch. Open the .yaml file with Notepad and change "no" to "yes". And save, of course. Then run the kobopatch.bat.
Thank you!
I succeeded doing it.

How can I know what each function does?
the demo in this link shows only a few
https://pgaskin.net/kobopatch-patche...tch-13651.html
Ntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 03:38 PM   #319
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Thank you!
I succeeded doing it.

How can I know what each function does?
the demo in this link shows only a few
https://pgaskin.net/kobopatch-patche...tch-13651.html
There are descriptions in the .yaml files for each patch.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 04:04 PM   #320
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
There are descriptions in the .yaml files for each patch.
And if you don't understand any of them, you can ask what they do.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2019, 05:16 PM   #321
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
And if you don't understand any of them, you can ask what they do.
But, if you do have questions about specific patches, ask them in the current patch thread, not this one.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM   #322
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
I used to use this thread to check what was the propose for some patches:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=260100

Just remember that most of the patches now are a bit different due to the latest updates from Kobo
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:14 PM   #323
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Also, doesn't kobo have an option for dropbox sync?
Only the Kobo Forma has the official Dropbox option at this point in time. And that syncs to a single folder within your Dropbox (good in some ways so you don't get every bit of crap synced, bad since you have to copy the books you want to use with Dropbox to that folder.

There are some threads in here about adding file syncing to several sites which should work with any Kobo but I haven't used them so I can't recommend.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 07:34 PM   #324
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blas View Post
I used to use this thread to check what was the propose for some patches:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=260100

Just remember that most of the patches now are a bit different due to the latest updates from Kobo
Also see the request thread and the links in the second post for info about all the patches since then.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:47 PM   #325
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
  1. The vendor of my device is Kobo: what could happen if I am using a patched firmware and the device automatically installs a new firmware when I hit 'Sync now'? (Is there a risk to brick the ereader?)
  2. How can I un-patch the device in case I don't want the patches anymore?
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #326
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxall View Post
  1. The vendor of my device is Kobo: what could happen if I am using a patched firmware and the device automatically installs a new firmware when I hit 'Sync now'? (Is there a risk to brick the ereader?)
  2. How can I un-patch the device in case I don't want the patches anymore?
1. Nothing; you just lose the changes made by the patches until you reapply them.

2. Just reinstall/update the firmware, or disable all patches and install the KoboRoot.tgz.
Old 02-14-2020, 09:12 AM   #327
jxall
Enthusiast
jxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beautyjxall does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo Clara HD (patched, 100% kepubs); Calibre 5 (Win10)
Cool, many thanks!

I have just patched the device (it's very easy, as the instructions are very clear) and the modifications work as expected.
jxall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:41 AM   #328
Regard_39
Enthusiast
Regard_39 doesn't litterRegard_39 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Oasis
I'm lost for the use of extra fonts. I don't know where to start.

I picked up geek1011's fonts from his repo https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...ee/master/font
I copied them into a fonts folder I created.

But I can't find them in my Kobo Glo. I just have the native fonts.
Do I need to modify the Kobo eReader.conf file?
And on the kobopatch side there are so many occurrences for the word "font" that I have no idea where to turn.
Can someone give me directions?
and forgive me if I'm not in the right section to post...
Regard_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:59 AM   #329
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post

I picked up geek1011's fonts from his repo https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...ee/master/font

And on the kobopatch side there are so many occurrences for the word "font" that I have no idea where to turn.
Did you place them in a directory called 'fonts' in the root of your Glo's exposed storage (case and location both required)? Did you power cycle your Kobo after copying the fonts? Adding fonts does not require patching.

BTW, the link you posted was truncated -- the 's' at the end of fonts was missing.

https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...e/master/fonts

I've attached an image to show what the directory should look like and where it should be located.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-04 085757.png
Views:	147
Size:	2.6 KB
ID:	177506  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 12:05 PM   #330
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post

The correct place to ask for help on the patches in in the thread for the version of the patch you are trying to use.

As for your URL, it gets a 404 error. The correct URL is https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatc...e/master/fonts
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb