Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
pantera10684
Enthusiast
pantera10684 began at the beginning.

Device: PW2
Exclamation Recover from JailBreak Failure

Hi, is there any tutorial for how to recover from jailbreak installation failure?
How could we recover our PW2 system to original one?
pantera10684 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 04:39 AM   #2
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
if the jailbreak failed, your device is not jailbroken. I do not think there is any recovery needed. But I think you might have a different issue you should be describing in more Detail?
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2013, 08:14 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by pantera10684 View Post
Hi, is there any tutorial for how to recover from jailbreak installation failure?
How could we recover our PW2 system to original one?
It does no harm if the jb installation fails.

Something else has gone wrong or been done to the device.
Please describe all that has been done.

Also, give us a link to the jb you used on your PW2 and describe the indications given that it "failed".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 08:24 AM   #4
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
if the jailbreak failed, your device is not jailbroken. I do not think there is any recovery needed. But I think you might have a different issue you should be describing in more Detail?
Only I interested, there is no issue now. I mean, when I try to install jailbreak, for example, and corrupted FW of Kindle. How could we reset to factory defaults?
Old 12-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Only I interested, there is no issue now. I mean, when I try to install jailbreak, for example, and corrupted FW of Kindle. How could we reset to factory defaults?
How could that happen?
Please tell us what you did when you: "try to install jailbreak"

In what way is the firmware of the Kindle corrupted?
How does your Kindle behave now?
What has changed?

Please give us additional details.
Advert
Old 12-29-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
If this all is about a hypothetical case, it is a quite hypothetical one. There just isn't much that could break by doing a jailbreak (despite the name). It's basically a works-or-doesn't issue. In fact, if we were to indulge into theoretical matters that never actually occurred, there might be some point in the middle where an undiscovered kernel issue in the FAT32 driver happens to eat all your kindle's data triggered by an unfortunate cooperation of the jailbreak, some bit-toggling by sun eruptions and a flaky power source - well, you're borked :-) Not entirely true, but it really is so jailbreak-independent that it would really depend on the symptoms on how to approach the issue.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Exclamation

I'm newbie , What do you recommend to me?
is it recommended to install jailbreak?
1. will it affect performance and speed of kindle?
2. What is the exact procedure for installation? (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227532 ?? this is?) Please give detailed recommendation. My Device is "Kindle Whitepaper 2nd Generation"?
3. Could I upgrade firmware to newer version later?
4. Is it possible to install original/default firmware again?
5. will it be possible to open epub files also?
6. First upgared then jailbreak or otherwise?
7. Could I register on amazon after jailbreak?

Last edited by pantera10684; 01-07-2014 at 09:01 AM. Reason: added question
Old 01-07-2014, 11:56 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I'm newbie , What do you recommend to me?
is it recommended to install jailbreak?
1. will it affect performance and speed of kindle?
2. What is the exact procedure for installation? (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=227532 ?? this is?) Please give detailed recommendation. My Device is "Kindle Whitepaper 2nd Generation"?
3. Could I upgrade firmware to newer version later?
4. Is it possible to install original/default firmware again?
5. will it be possible to open epub files also?
6. First upgared then jailbreak or otherwise?
7. Could I register on amazon after jailbreak?
Your choice about installing the jailbreak, but will be required if you want to install anything else from this site.

1. NO -
2. Wrong link ! use: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
3. Unable to answer - depends on what Amazon does in next release.
4. The original/default firmware is unchanged by the jailbreak.
5. You may want to install one of our "reader" applications.
6. Either way, but you may want to update first.
7. Yes, but things can be simpler if you register before jailbreaking.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:25 AM   #9
pantera10684
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Your choice about installing the jailbreak, but will be required if you want to install anything else from this site.

1. NO -
2. Wrong link ! use: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
3. Unable to answer - depends on what Amazon does in next release.
4. The original/default firmware is unchanged by the jailbreak.
5. You may want to install one of our "reader" applications.
6. Either way, but you may want to update first.
7. Yes, but things can be simpler if you register before jailbreaking.
Yes,
1. I want to expand functions and number of application of my kindle? Does the other apps affect performance?
2. Could you show links best apps for my device in this forum? (I need tested apps)

Thank you very much, mobileread