Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2013, 10:53 PM   #1
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Exclamation italic and bold fonts for side-loaded epubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
If you are using the Kobo Touch, there is a bug in version 1.9.5 of the firmware whereby italic and bold fonts are not displayed for side-loaded EPUBS (Kobo EPUBS are okay). This is expected to be fixed in the next release of the firmware.
I am making epub book by myself. My kobo touch doesn't display italic and bold fonts for side-loaded epubs on firmware 2.4.

Does this problem still exist in latest firmware?
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:00 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I am pretty sure that bug was fixed. But another came along to give problems with italics for some fonts. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...84#post2435184 for which fonts don't display italics.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Also see Summary of Modified Fonts for more fonts and links to info. on how they are used and named.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 11:35 PM   #4
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Thank you very much, David and Pater. According to your suggestion, the problem should not have been in my kobo touch but css file.

font-style: Italic; ---> font-style: italic;

I changed "Italic" to "italic". My kobo touch displays italic on my epub now. Thank you!
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote