Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #16
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
put the a {...} in the css file.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:16 PM   #17
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
the <a
takes precedence over your span
That's a new one for me...I guess I haven't run into that before because I just style the <a> in the css. I definitely need to read up on cascade priorities.

Thanks fer the learn'n!
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #18
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
That's a new one for me...I guess I haven't run into that before because I just style the <a> in the css. I definitely need to read up on cascade priorities.

Thanks fer the learn'n!
By precedence:
I declare a style to modify a tag
Then I include a tag that has a default/style that is counter to the outer tag.

Use the 'inspector' to see the 'calculated' results values.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #19
djprescott
Enthusiast
djprescott began at the beginning.

Device: None
THANK YOU SO MUCH FRIENDS!

That has sorted it out, and I am so relieved!

All very best
Dan
djprescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:35 PM   #20
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Underlines

Try this in your CSS

Code:
a:link {
color:black;
}

a:visited {
}

a:hover {
color:blue;
}

a:active {
}

a {
text-decoration:none;
}
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
and Malformed Anchor to boot
Anchors are links
Links get underlined by default
the <a
takes precedence over your span
Should it? I'd say it's a bug if it does, or there is something else.

See the spec:

a { text-decoration: underline } -> specificity: 0,0,0,1
span.Hyperlinks { text-decoration: none } -> specificity: 0,0,1,1

so the second wins.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 AM   #22
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
On an entirely different subject, I noticed you had the Sabon MT font in your CSS. If you are trying to embed this font you may have problems. It may not work, but if it does and this is for public distribution, you need to be aware this is a proprietary font from Monotype.

From what I can see on their website, to use it in this manner requires a contract with Monotype which I suspect will cost as much to use as you will make off the book.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #23
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Should it? I'd say it's a bug if it does, or there is something else.

See the spec:

a { text-decoration: underline } -> specificity: 0,0,0,1
span.Hyperlinks { text-decoration: none } -> specificity: 0,0,1,1

so the second wins.
My eyes glaze over when I read spec sheets like that .

I always thought inside-out (or last one changed) was the rule for precedence on nested tags. <A inside a <P does not lose its (default) properties just because the <P did.

I will deffer to your expertise on this. You are the CSS Guru as I do borrow heavily from your code snippets posted in various sections.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #24
djprescott
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
On an entirely different subject, I noticed you had the Sabon MT font in your CSS. If you are trying to embed this font you may have problems. It may not work, but if it does and this is for public distribution, you need to be aware this is a proprietary font from Monotype.

From what I can see on their website, to use it in this manner requires a contract with Monotype which I suspect will cost as much to use as you will make off the book.

Thank you for pointing this out!
I will resolve this sharpish.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #25
djprescott
Enthusiast

Hi all again
I have come across a further issue with this.
Although this fix works in ePub, when i convert to .mobi through the Amazon converter, the lines get put back in.

Does anyone know how i could remedy this?

Many thanks
Dan
Old 05-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by djprescott View Post
Hi all again
I have come across a further issue with this.
Although this fix works in ePub, when i convert to .mobi through the Amazon converter, the lines get put back in.

Does anyone know how i could remedy this?

Many thanks
Dan
This is not a Sigil Question.
Please open a new thread in the proper forum.
Sigil is about making EPUB2
Old 05-29-2013, 11:55 AM   #27
djprescott
Enthusiast

Okay, will do. Thanks