Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-11-2024, 12:07 PM   #1
romulo_tranq
romulo_tranq began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
importing kindle books on Mac osx Sonoma

apologies if this question was already addressed. I became a new caliber user today. I am looking on how to import kindle books.

thanks!
romulo_tranq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:31 PM   #2
axu2
Connoisseur
axu2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Probably easier to just use https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle
axu2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:43 PM   #3
romulo_tranq

Quote:
Originally Posted by axu2 View Post
Probably easier to just use https://www.amazon.com/sendtokindle
thanks for your response.

I meant to ask on how to import a Kindle book I have already downloaded into my MacBook Pro into Caliber app.
Old 01-11-2024, 12:54 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
You mean how to get existing Kindle ebooks into Calibre?

The 'Send to kindle' (web or email) is really unrelated to to calibre. It's just using Amazon's server to convert 3rd party epubs to azw3 or kfx. And Amazon gets a copy.

Any epub to azw3 conversion for Kindle is better done on Calibre and then transfer to Kindle via USB.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 12:58 PM   #5
romulo_tranq

got it. the point I am willing to address is how to add a kindle book that is already downloaded into my MacBook computer (using Kindle app) into Caliber tool?
Old 01-11-2024, 01:13 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
There are two Kindle apps for macOS: Kindle, and Kindle Classic. At the least you need to use Kindle Classic, and probably an older version of it; the new version will not download files you can import to calibre.

But that's the extent of my knowledge, as I have never used the Kindle app to add books to calibre. I tried to find a thread here that would have the details, but came up short.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2024, 01:16 PM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulo_tranq View Post
got it. the point I am willing to address is how to add a kindle book that is already downloaded into my MacBook computer (using Kindle app) into Caliber tool?
You may want to check the DRM workaround: Kindle for Android thread in this forum and the Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre in the calibre forum. There are several other threads scattered around but those two cover most of the basics.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2024, 02:14 AM   #8
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by romulo_tranq View Post
You need Kindle Classic for Mac 1.40.1 (.2 and .3 might also work) plus DeDRM 10.0.9. See Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre Method 4 in the Spoiler section and the somewhat outdated FAQ section of noDRM's GitHub.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote