Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-04-2018, 04:49 AM   #1
Hector47
Hector47 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle K4
Error launching Kindlet: "This item is not signed by an authorized developer."

Hello,

When I try to run an custom Kindlet I get the following message "This item is not signed by an authorized developer. Please Contact the developer"

I have follow the step in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=219663
for creating the manifest and signing the jar.

I'm using the commands line to build/sign the jar
Code:
javac com\nowhere\sample\*.java -cp log4j-1.2.15.jar;Kindlet-1.3.jar
jar cvmf test.manifest Test.jar com
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar dktest
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar ditest
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar dntest
move Test.jar Test.azw2
the keystore file is the newest from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=152294 and I have the same on my K4.

Does someone has ever encounter this error ?

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: azw2 Test.azw2 (97.4 KB, 159 views)
Hector47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector47 View Post
Hello,

When I try to run an custom Kindlet I get the following message "This item is not signed by an authorized developer. Please Contact the developer"

I have follow the step in https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=219663
for creating the manifest and signing the jar.

I'm using the commands line to build/sign the jar
Code:
javac com\nowhere\sample\*.java -cp log4j-1.2.15.jar;Kindlet-1.3.jar
jar cvmf test.manifest Test.jar com
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar dktest
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar ditest
jarsigner -keystore developer.keystore -storepass password Test.jar dntest
move Test.jar Test.azw2
the keystore file is the newest from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=152294 and I have the same on my K4.

Does someone has ever encounter this error ?

Thanks
So shouldn't you be standing in front of a mirror and asking yourself?

If that does not work for you, try reading the Kindlet documentation in our Wiki.
Which is indexed in the "Master Index" sticky thread.
Which is in the sticky section of this forum's index, with "Where do I start?" included in the thread title.

All Kindlet developers have seen that message before, it seems very common until the developer in question reads the directions.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
See also this very recent thread.

The JDK variant you're using *may* have an impact.

A definite no-no is: Don't use Java 9, it dropped support for the (old) profile the Kindle needs.

Barring that, I've never had issues with Oracle's JDK, without having to resort to digging out a truly ancient version.

You may need to specify a specific algorithm for the signing process, c.f., KUAL's ant recipe.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote