Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #91
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcn363 View Post
If I remember correctly some (all) system fonts are hardcoded / encrypted.
That'd mean that just in case you want exchange one you must code in the same way.

Good luck.
I guess so, that's tough, since I don't know how exactly kobo handles it.

You got any info?
codychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:40 PM   #92
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
Patch request:

I use multiple customized dictionaries to replace the default dictionaries which are not useful to me.

But every time I connect kobo to WiFi and sync (The only reason I use WiFi is Pocket), kobo will download dictionaries from its server to replace my dictionaries in .kobo/dict, so I have to connect kobo to my computer and manually copy my dict directory into .kobo to replace them again.

Is it able to disable kobo to sync dictionaries from its server into .kobo/dict?
Have a look at this thread for detailed info about adding multiple custom dictionaries.

Last edited by jackie_w; 12-07-2018 at 12:43 PM.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2018, 03:15 PM   #93
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by codychan View Post
But when I tried to add fonts into kobo system-wide fonts directory, the fonts I added are not in the drop-list
Even when you get the fonts to be inserted into the list (and I guess you will have to ask for a patch to achieve this), you will further have to ask for a patch that makes nickel access your preferred font at start up, which is the whole point of your efforts if I understand correctly. Be aware that nickel accesses only 3 of the at start up (= before you open a book), unless this has changed very recently.
When I remember correctly, there is another obstacle: nickel expects these fonts to be encrypted.

Last edited by tshering; 12-07-2018 at 03:19 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 12:31 AM   #94
codychan
Groupie
codychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud ofcodychan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Even when you get the fonts to be inserted into the list (and I guess you will have to ask for a patch to achieve this), you will further have to ask for a patch that makes nickel access your preferred font at start up, which is the whole point of your efforts if I understand correctly. Be aware that nickel accesses only 3 of the at start up (= before you open a book), unless this has changed very recently.
When I remember correctly, there is another obstacle: nickel expects these fonts to be encrypted.
I guess I couldn't do anything about it then.
Old 12-08-2018, 01:48 AM   #95
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Have a look at this thread for detailed info about adding multiple custom dictionaries.
Thanks, it works.
Advert
Old 12-08-2018, 03:32 AM   #96
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post

Hi, do you know what fonts in the system-wide fonts directory can be deleted safely, the whole fonts list is:

Code:
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Amasis*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Avenir*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Caecilia*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/georgia*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/GillSans*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KBJ*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/KoboNickel*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/Malabar*
usr/local/Trolltech/QtEmbedded-4.6.2-arm/lib/fonts/OpenDyslexic*
@jcn363 said that the georgia* and Avenir* are system fonts and do not remove them, but it seems kobo system are not using them as system fonts. Anyway, I just want to know what fonts can be deleted safely so the kobo system won't be affected.
Old 12-08-2018, 04:45 AM   #97
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
@codychan
Please, don't double post. It's not allowed in the forum and the people here are very friendly and will answer you in any thread
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 06:09 AM   #98
codychan
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boriar View Post
@codychan
Please, don't double post. It's not allowed in the forum and the people here are very friendly and will answer you in any thread
Got it. Sorry about this.
Old 12-08-2018, 03:35 PM   #99
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Font-family and font-size bulk change

This is a variant of `font-size bulk change` (`Custom font-size nozlib` + `Custom font-size zlib`).
Don't use any of those with this.
This is only for those brave who want to change font-family and/or the font-size without bother on the look.
# KNOWN ISSUES:
If you use any patch which alter the font-family and/or font-size you are in troubles with this:
Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1
Custom font to collection and author titles
Increase headlines font
New home screen subtitle custom font

or you'd increase it twice if you activate:
Reading footer alternatives
Custom synopsis/font size

nickel
Spoiler:
Code:
Font-family and font-size bulk change (part 1 of 2):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Based on tshering's BAD EYES
      source: tshering/KBPatcher17_4.4.9995/4_plus_source/nickel
      When editing the replacement values (into the NOZLIB) below,
      BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING!
      If a replacement string is too long or short you will get an error when making the patch.
# KNOWN ISSUES:
# If you use any patch which alter the font-family and/or font-size you are in troubles with this:
#   Changing the info panel in full size screensaver- beta 1
#   Custom font to collection and author titles
#   Increase headlines font
#   New home screen subtitle custom font
# or you'd increase it twice if you activate:
#   Reading footer alternatives
#   Custom synopsis/font size
#
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "\n  font-family: Avenir;\n"
# When editing the replacement values below,
# BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING!
      Replace: "font-family:\"Gill Sans\";"
      MustMatchLength: yes
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "\n  font-family: Georgia;\n"
      Replace: "font-family: Bookerly   ;"
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif"
      Replace: "\"Gill Sans\"             "
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 50px", Replace: "font-size: 53px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 46px", Replace: "font-size: 49px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 42px", Replace: "font-size: 45px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 38px", Replace: "font-size: 41px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 37px", Replace: "font-size: 40px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 36px", Replace: "font-size: 39px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 35px", Replace: "font-size: 38px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 34px", Replace: "font-size: 37px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 32px", Replace: "font-size: 36px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 30px", Replace: "font-size: 34px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 29px", Replace: "font-size: 33px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 28px", Replace: "font-size: 32px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 27px", Replace: "font-size: 31px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 26px", Replace: "font-size: 30px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 24px", Replace: "font-size: 28px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 23px", Replace: "font-size: 27px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 22px", Replace: "font-size: 26px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 21px", Replace: "font-size: 25px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 20px", Replace: "font-size: 24px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 19px", Replace: "font-size: 23px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 17px", Replace: "font-size: 21px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 16px", Replace: "font-size: 20px", MustMatchLength: yes}
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 13px", Replace: "font-size: 17px", MustMatchLength: yes}

#1 (zlib) pos: 1504d
  - FindZlib: "reader_head"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Offset: 0
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 36px", Replace: "font-size: 39px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 28px", Replace: "font-size: 32px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 23px", Replace: "font-size: 27px"}
#2 (zlib) pos: 252ac1
#zlib stream: offset_hex(0x252AC1) offset_int32(2435777) len_int32(57344) sha1(da62721d3ebc43e60e0221f16f2f7c4c1b98154b)
  - FindZlib: "QWidget[small"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "Georgia", Replace: "Bookerly"}
        - {Find: "Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif", Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""}
        - {Find: "Avenir", Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""}
        - {Find: "font-size: 91px", Replace: "font-size: 91px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 77px", Replace: "font-size: 77px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 74px", Replace: "font-size: 74px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 71px", Replace: "font-size: 71px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 62px", Replace: "font-size: 62px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 60px", Replace: "font-size: 60px"}
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 57px", Replace: "font-size: 59px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 55px", Replace: "font-size: 57px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 50px", Replace: "font-size: 53px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 47px", Replace: "font-size: 50px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 46px", Replace: "font-size: 49px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 45px", Replace: "font-size: 48px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 39px", Replace: "font-size: 42px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 37px", Replace: "font-size: 40px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 35px", Replace: "font-size: 38px"}
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 34px", Replace: "font-size: 37px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 32px", Replace: "font-size: 36px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 31px", Replace: "font-size: 35px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 30px", Replace: "font-size: 34px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 29px", Replace: "font-size: 33px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 27px", Replace: "font-size: 31px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 26px", Replace: "font-size: 30px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 24px", Replace: "font-size: 28px"}
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 22px", Replace: "font-size: 26px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 21px", Replace: "font-size: 25px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 20px", Replace: "font-size: 24px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 19px", Replace: "font-size: 23px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 17px", Replace: "font-size: 21px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 16px", Replace: "font-size: 20px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 14px", Replace: "font-size: 18px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 13px", Replace: "font-size: 17px"}
#7 (zlib) pos: 4c2551
  - FindZlib: "#QuickTourPage"
  - ReplaceZlib:
      Find:    "Avenir"
      Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""
#9 (zlib) pos: 4c2888
  - FindZlib: "#language[qApp"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#16 (zlib) pos: 4c33be
  - FindZlib: "RemoveDialog"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#22 (zlib) pos: 4c4120
  - FindZlib: "ComboButton"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#23 (zlib) pos: 4c4385
  - FindZlib: "#topContainerWidget"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#24 (zlib) pos: 4c45b0
  - FindZlib: "#infoWidget"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#25 (zlib) pos: 4c4812
# `New home screen subtitle custom font`
  - FindZlib: "#homeWidgetTopContainer"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#28 (zlib) pos: 4c5063
  - FindZlib: "DragonMenuBar"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#29 (zlib) pos: 4c52a4
  - FindZlib: "#OverDriveFilterPopup"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#30 (zlib) pos: 4c5445
  - FindZlib: "#SyncMenuView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 42px", Replace: "font-size: 45px"}
#31 (zlib) pos: 4c5744
  - FindZlib: "#lblBullet_0,"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 86px", Replace: "font-size: 86px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 66px", Replace: "font-size: 66px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 25px", Replace: "font-size: 29px"}
#32 (zlib) pos: 4c5961
  - FindZlib: "#checkMark"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#33 (zlib) pos: 4c5ac9
  - FindZlib: "#DragonSimilarLibraryView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#38 (zlib) pos: 4c661a
  - FindZlib: "#ConfirmationDialog"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#43 (zlib) pos: 4c7199
  - FindZlib: "#connectedPixmap"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#44 (zlib) pos: 4c7346
  - FindZlib: "#KoboPlusDetailsWidget"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#45 (zlib) pos: 4c74ae
  - FindZlib: "#ReadingMenuFontSettingsView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#49 (zlib) pos: 4c81fa
  - FindZlib: "#PocketFinishedMenuView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#53 (zlib) pos: 4c8baf
  - FindZlib: "#lineEdit {"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#60 (zlib) pos: 4ca3c8
  - FindZlib: "#barContainer"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
# `Increase headlines font`
#64 (zlib) pos: 4cacc9
  - FindZlib: "#readPreview"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 52px", Replace: "font-size: 54px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 40px", Replace: "font-size: 43px"}
#66 (zlib) pos: 4cb341
  - FindZlib: "StatusBarMenu"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#71 (zlib) pos: 4cbf9c
  - FindZlib: "#StatusBarView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#76 (zlib) pos: 4ccbea
  - FindZlib: "#ReviewWidget"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#78 (zlib) pos: 4ccf3b
  - FindZlib: "body.koboplus"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "sans-serif", Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""}
        - {Find: "\"Avenir Next\"", Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""}
        - {Find: "font-size: 65px", Replace: "font-size: 65px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 56px", Replace: "font-size: 58px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 54px", Replace: "font-size: 56px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 45px", Replace: "font-size: 48px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 41px", Replace: "font-size: 44px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 35px", Replace: "font-size: 38px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 18px", Replace: "font-size: 22px"}
#79 (zlib) pos: 4cd510
  - FindZlib: "N3DeleteOptions"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#82 (zlib) pos: 4cda94
  - FindZlib: "IconPowerView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#84 (zlib) pos: 4ce03e
  - FindZlib: "html"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "sans-serif", Replace: "\"Gill Sans\""}
#85 (zlib) pos: 4ce328
  - FindZlib: "#page1"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#91 (zlib) pos: 4cf400
  - FindZlib: "#lblForgotPin"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 38px", Replace: "font-size: 41px"}
#97 (zlib) pos: 4cfefb
  - FindZlib: "#ListBookStoreWidget[qApp_is"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#109 (zlib) pos: 4d1a62
  - FindZlib: "TouchLabel[imeStyle"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#112 (zlib) pos: 4d2239
  - FindZlib: "#page[notebookView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#118 (zlib) pos: 4d2db5
  - FindZlib: "#BatteryMenuView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#121 (zlib) pos: 4d36aa
  - FindZlib: "#FramedDragonPowerView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
        - {Find: "font-size: 116px", Replace: "font-size: 116px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 72px", Replace: "font-size: 72px"}
        - {Find: "font-size: 56px", Replace: "font-size: 58px"}
#128 (zlib) pos: 4d46f8
  - FindZlib: "#orText"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#129 (zlib) pos: 4d485e
  - FindZlib: "BulkMarkAsDialog"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#134 (zlib) pos: 4d5258
  - FindZlib: "#header #headerTitle"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
# `Custom font to collection and author titles`
#136 (zlib) pos: 4d56fb
  - FindZlib: "#topVerticalSpacer"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#144 (zlib) pos: 4d6501
  - FindZlibHash: 9076ec07b08be874b578d6533c7b4e0b7668067d
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#145 (zlib) pos: 4d6723
  - FindZlib: "SearchBox"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:
#146 (zlib) pos: 4d6832
  - FindZlib: "#ReadingMenuScrubberView"
  - ReplaceZlibGroup:
      Replacements:

libnickel
Spoiler:
Code:
Font-family and font-size bulk change (part 2 of 2):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: |
      Based on tshering's BAD EYES
      source: tshering/KBPatcher17_4.4.9995/4_plus_source/nickel
      BE CAREFUL NOT TO CHANGE THE LENGTH OF THE REPLACEMENT STRING!
      If a replacement string is too long or short you will get an error when making the patch.
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    " Avenir;\n}\n\n"
      Replace: "\"Gill Sans\"}"
  - FindReplaceString:
      Find:    "Sans-SerifJP"
      Replace: "\"Gill Sans\" "
  - FindReplaceString: {Find: "font-size: 20px", Replace: "font-size: 24px", MustMatchLength: yes}

Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 02:42 PM   #100
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is it possible to recover these lost patches?:

libnickel.so.1.0.0 :
  • Custom page refresh options: good know here, I think
  • Wi-Fi insomnia: WiFi don't disable at all. Good when I stay close to the coverage because the device is on and off the wifi
  • Allow launching browser without wifi connected: Supposedly don't needed but I can't launch browser without wifi enable in any FW 4.11.x (maybe I miss something? )
  • Allow download all in Browser: It's a pain that I can't download compressed files from within

Also, I see "Brightness fine control" like missing patch but nickel change the brightness by 1% actually. Do the patch something else?

Thanks for your work as always.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:03 AM   #101
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Is it possible to recover these lost patches?:

libnickel.so.1.0.0 :
  • Custom page refresh options: good know here, I think
  • Wi-Fi insomnia: WiFi don't disable at all. Good when I stay close to the coverage because the device is on and off the wifi
  • Allow launching browser without wifi connected: Supposedly don't needed but I can't launch browser without wifi enable in any FW 4.11.x (maybe I miss something? )
  • Allow download all in Browser: It's a pain that I can't download compressed files from within

Also, I see "Brightness fine control" like missing patch but nickel change the brightness by 1% actually. Do the patch something else?

Thanks for your work as always.
  • `Custom page refresh options` don't think so:
    Code:
    Change the maximum number of pages between refreshes that can be selected from the Reading settings menu.
    Missing, last working in version 4.5.9587
  • Wi-Fi insomnia: Settings -> Developer options -> Force Wifi ON
  • `Allow download all in Browser` don't think so (but it can be tried):
    Code:
    Allow the browser to download any file, not just the types it recognises.
    Missing, last working in version 4.4.9344
  • `Brightness fine control` it can be tried
    Code:
    Sun symbols change the frontlight brightness in 2% instead of 1% steps.
Good luck.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:04 PM   #102
boriar
Evangelist

Quote:
  • `Custom page refresh options` don't think so:
    Code:
    Change the maximum number of pages between refreshes that can be selected from the Reading settings menu.
    Missing, last working in version 4.5.9587
  • `Allow download all in Browser` don't think so (but it can be tried):
    Code:
    Allow the browser to download any file, not just the types it recognises.
    Missing, last working in version 4.4.9344
That's the reason of my sentence:
Is it possible to recover these lost patches?
Quote:
  • Wi-Fi insomnia: Settings -> Developer options -> Force Wifi ON
Like I don't use Developer options don't knew it. Good to know.

Quote:
  • `Brightness fine control` it can be tried
    Code:
    Sun symbols change the frontlight brightness in 2% instead of 1% steps.
Good luck.
I don't know your device but at the moment I don't have FW patched and brightness change in 1%, so I think this patch is not needed anymore
Old 12-11-2018, 03:25 PM   #103
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Is it possible to recover these lost patches?
Don't think so. If anything the `Allow download all in Browser` patch.
Quote:
I don't know your device but at the moment I don't have FW patched and brightness change in 1%, so I think this patch is not needed anymore
With the patch change in 2% steps.

Good luck.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #104
boriar
Evangelist

Quote:
With the patch change in 2% steps.

Good luck.
Why someone whould want steps of 2% instead of 1%????

The original patch was to change from 10% to 1%:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Brightness fine control`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
## Tapping the sun symbols increases/Decreases the frontlight brightness by 1
## instead of by 10.
#
replace_int = 8A21C2, 10, 01
replace_int = 8A21F2, 10, 01
</Patch>
Old 12-12-2018, 02:08 AM   #105
jcn363
absolute beginner

Quote:
Why someone whould want steps of 2% instead of 1%????

Don't really know.
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Brightness fine control`
patch_enable = `no`
#
## Sun symbols change the frontlight brightness in 2% instead of 1% steps.
#
# ValueDisplaySlider::setStep(1) --> ValueDisplaySlider::setStep(2)
replace_int = 953862, 1, 2
</Patch>
Good luck.

Tags
kobopatch, patches, patching, request, requests