Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-09-2010, 12:23 PM   #1
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
anyone have problems with the SD card?

When I plug my PP into the computer I get really slow reading of the cards. I am not able to drag and drop any new books on the card... I have changed cards out, and put the card in other devices... I only have the problem with the pocket pro... any advise? I really hate to have to send it back (again).....
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Letting our band of experts respond first

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblem View Post
When I plug my PP into the computer I get really slow reading of the cards. I am not able to drag and drop any new books on the card... I have changed cards out, and put the card in other devices... I only have the problem with the pocket pro... any advise? I really hate to have to send it back (again).....
Dear nimblem:

I am going to let the others on here try first to provide remedies. It sounds to me like it could be a USB 1.0 or USB 2.0 problem. They will know more.

Have you tried using the card in a card reader/writer?

In any case, let us see what others on here can find to help. I am monitoring and our tech people will step in if needed!
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2010, 01:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Windows XP with Intel USB 82801 Chipset?
If Yes:
Look at this (may apply to Vista and W7)

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=35
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Just in addition to theducks' post, I have an Intel 945GM chipset and suffer a similar problem, and it isn't just with the PP, but also other usb devices I have (and I am running Ubuntu not Windows, so definitely a computer issue and not a Pocket Pro or software problem).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:32 AM   #5
Semp
Enthusiast
Semp doesn't litterSemp doesn't litter

Device: EZReader packet pro
Thumbs down

Quote:
Probably this is problem with SD card slot
Read this thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75740
Semp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2010, 04:18 AM   #6
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Try reformatting the card as FAT16. I had to in order to get it to recognize the firmware update file.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote