Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #3301
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
Nothing special about the pen, just so you can poke at the screen.

Tomorrow's nightly will include those changes.
That's good enough if we can highlight with the pen! Can't wait!!!!!! Is https://build.koreader.rocks/download/nightly/ the link for nightly download?
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 04:52 PM   #3302
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Yeah, I have no intention of ever doing anything pen-y with it. At best possibly making the highlight and erase buttons do what it says on the tin, but no further plans myself.

(i.e., currently, highlighting with the pen involves forgetting that it's a pen and using it like a finger, and that doesn't necessarily work any better than an actual finger ).

I have documented how to efficiently deal with high-speed tracking and drawing for interested parties, though.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-21-2021 at 04:57 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 04:57 PM   #3303
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FWIW, I'll probably do something nasty and update the OCP to the nightly so we can get more testing done early .
Old 07-21-2021, 05:01 PM   #3304
koboje

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, I'll probably do something nasty and update the OCP to the nightly so we can get more testing done early .
I will gladly test things! I do appreciate your effort! I only used koreader since I bought my libra. I'd thought the kobo stock reader should be at least half good and I did realized how abysmal it is as soon as I used elipsa without koreader...
Old 07-21-2021, 09:00 PM   #3305
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
My Onyx Boox Note 2 seems a lot like this Kobo Elipsa, and I use the pen whenever I need to highlight something in a tight space. Like on the bottom line of text. Works fine that way in KOReader.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2021, 11:09 PM   #3306
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Regarding the pen, would it possible to do next/previous page using the buttons? (or even assign custom actions, like with gestures, that would be great)
For my uses, a "remote controller" (that can occasionally be used to highlight), would make this a straight upgrade from the Forma, since I get to keep the buttons while getting a larger screen.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 11:13 PM   #3307
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickyaxe View Post
Regarding the pen, would it possible to do next/previous page using the buttons? (or even assign custom actions, like with gestures, that would be great)
For my uses, a "remote controller" (that can occasionally be used to highlight), would make this a straight upgrade from the Forma, since I get to keep the buttons while getting a larger screen.

This would tempt me to consider an Elipsa I think. With the pen as a page tuner, the size of the reader would not be a problem because I wouldn't have to hold it at all.
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 03:23 AM   #3308
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Barring something unexpected about the implementation (glances at NiLuJe) I don't see why not.

What are the pen buttons used for in the default software? The buttons on the pens for tablets I've owned were all something like right click and middle click. (And flip around for erase.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 06:23 AM   #3309
NiLuJe
BLAM!

I actually never checked how far the pen buttons get picked up, but that's an interesting idea if it works from a reasonable distance .

I won't have time to look into it until the end of *next* week, though .

@Frenzie: In Nickel, the bottom button is a highlighter (free and converted to actual highlights when it crosses word boxes) and the top one an eraser.

----

As promised, I've just updated the OCP with today's nightly .
Old 07-22-2021, 06:43 AM   #3310
koboje

Just installed nightly! Seems to be working well! BTW, is there anyway koreader can read kobo dropbox folder files?
Old 07-22-2021, 06:49 AM   #3311
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@koboje: There's a recent-ish thread about this here, it involves temporarily patching out the .kobo blacklist so you can access .kobo/Dropbox, then setting that as a folder shortcut so you don't need to carry the patch forever.

I haven't had time to think of how to deal with that oversight sanely ;/.

(So, the answer is: technically yes, but it's not user-friendly at all right now ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-22-2021 at 06:52 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:51 AM   #3312
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
I actually never checked how far the pen buttons get picked up, but that's an interesting idea if it works from a reasonable distance .
Okay, that doesn't quite work: pen buttons are never sent alone, they're always sent as part of a pen input stream. So, you need to actually *touch* the screen (or, well, hover really near it) to get a button event.

On the other hand, since we don't support drawing, you can actually simply use the pen itself to turn pages, which should work just fine with the device/cover in a propped up setup.
(I'm actually mildly surprised nickel doesn't provide a setting to do just that: you can use the pen to click on menus & stuff, but it's scribble time forever as soon as you're in a book where scribbling is enabled ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-22-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:55 AM   #3313
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:

On the other hand, since we don't support drawing, you can actually simply use the pen itself to turn pages, which should work just fine with the device/cover in a propped up setup.
thanks, this is what I thought might be the case
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2021, 07:02 AM   #3314
koboje

Quote:
@koboje: There's a recent-ish thread about this here, it involves temporarily patching out the .kobo blacklist so you can access .kobo/Dropbox, then setting that as a folder shortcut so you don't need to carry the patch forever.

I haven't had time to think of how to deal with that oversight sanely ;/.

(So, the answer is: technically yes, but it's not user-friendly at all right now ^^).
Not a big deal at all. I can always sync articles with calibre!

BTW, wifi network control on Elipsa seems to be off? I tried to connect to calibre while wifi is off. It says "Failed to initialize network control client: Failed to connect to wpa_supplicant control socket:/var/run/wpa_supplicant.wlan0"

If i turn on wifi on kobo main, calibre connect works well but please let me report
Old 07-22-2021, 05:29 PM   #3315
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Does it behave when toggling it manually?

I don't recall having tested auto-connect, but I also don't recall anything hardware-specific about it off the top of my head.

The Wi-Fi scripts are one of the last thing I tested/fixed in the PR, so, double-check you're actually running the latest code in case you did a custom setup?

EDIT: Yup, #worksforme (startup via KFMon + NM).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-22-2021 at 05:43 PM.