Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2023, 06:43 AM   #1
BNoronha
BNoronha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Adjust display area of Koreader to account for broken screen

Hi there!

My Kobo Aura (2nd edition) has a problem where a certain spot on the top right corner keeps being pressed randomly (this was after catching a bit of water). Other than this, it is still working fine.

I would like to adjust the workable area of the Kobo to avoid the top 50-100 pixels. I followed the instructions in this thread suggested by the user tshering to change the following in the file koreader\frontend\device\kobo\device.lua

viewport = Geom:new{x=0, y=100, w=758, h=914},

However this did not work, as it seems that what this changes is the display only, but not the actual location of buttons. What I mean is that now there is a mismatch between where I press on the screen, and the location of the press the kobo detects.

Is there a way of changing also the location of the buttons, not just the display?
BNoronha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 01:39 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Oops, nice catch .

Will be fixed in a future nightly!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 02:18 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ooh, congratulations, you may actually have unearthed a very, very, very old bug .
Old 01-31-2023, 12:09 AM   #4
BNoronha
BNoronha began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Glad to know that! And thanks for looking into it. When do you think it will be fixed?

(Sorry for the delayed response, did not get a notification informing me of your reply)
BNoronha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 03:11 AM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!

It's fixed in current nightlies (and the new release is somewhat imminent, so you needn't be afraid of running a nightly).

Tags
aura, broken display, koreader