Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2022, 07:49 AM   #1
PaulB223
PaulB223 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
problems after Windows update

Hello,

My latest Windows update caused problems in Calibre that I haven't been able to solve completely. System Restore didn't fix them and neither did the Repair utility. I've solved some things individually but what remains an enigma is that the download screen for "fetch news" has changed so that instead of displaying the sites downloaded, it is just displaying each article individually. How can I fix this?

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	198144  
PaulB223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2022, 11:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I am not sure what you are asking? You want the job log for fetch news to show something else? As far as I know it has always displayed each article name as it is downloaded. If you want to see which publication it is double click on it which will show you the full log including the name of the publication.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2022, 08:15 AM   #3
PaulB223

For me ever since I first downloaded Calibre years ago, the job log for fetch news showed which recipes it was downloading, like in the picture with the light background, not which articles it was downloading within the recipes, like in the dark background. Showing downloads article-by-article only started after this Windows update, which messed up a few other things too.

I much prefer the recipe-by-recipe job log, because you can stop one and add another if you want.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newspapers.png
Views:	64
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	198165   Click image for larger version

Name:	individual articles.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	198166  
Old 12-04-2022, 09:58 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Strange, for me it has shown articles since time immemorial.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 05:03 AM   #5
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
If you have windows 11 2H22 and installed the KB5020044 update, you could probably experience issues. See here. This might also affect other programs too.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2022, 12:30 PM   #6
PaulB223

Sorry, I just realized what the problem is… The width of the “Job” and “Status” columns is different… Well, anyway the problem was still the Windows update!

Thanks
Paul

Tags
fetch news