Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-08-2021, 08:36 PM   #3331
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, I finally managed to repro the Wi-Fi failures on the Elipsa (turns out you really had to boot with Wi-Fi down to expose it).

Fixed it in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8057
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 11:52 AM   #3332
koboje
koboje began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra and Elipsa
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Okay, I finally managed to repro the Wi-Fi failures on the Elipsa (turns out you really had to boot with Wi-Fi down to expose it).

Fixed it in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/8057
Wow! Thank you so much!!!!!!
koboje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:02 AM   #3333
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
After installing the latest Kobo firmware update, when I went to start KOReaer, I got an error message I did not see after the only other firmware update I've installed since starting to use KOReader. Do I have to reinstall KOReader from scratch, and will I lose all my settings?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	noko.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	188689  
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:02 AM   #3334
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
After installing the latest Kobo firmware update, when I went to start KOReaer, I got an error message I did not see after the only other firmware update I've installed since starting to use KOReader. Do I have to reinstall KOReader from scratch, and will I lose all my settings?
You need to reinstall kfmon, not KOReader.

Anyways, reinstalling KOReader is safe. Your settings are not contained in releases so there's no risk of overriding them.

When in doubt use NiLuJe installers for Kobo.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 07:14 AM   #3335
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
You need to reinstall kfmon, not KOReader.

Anyways, reinstalling KOReader is safe. Your settings are not contained in releases so there's no risk of overriding them.

When in doubt use NiLuJe installers for Kobo.
How do I install kfmon? I used the one-click KOReader installer originally. A big part of the appeal was the idea of having it persist through firmware upgrades, which it did not do this time.
Old 08-14-2021, 10:54 AM   #3336
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The OCP script handles the KFMon install package just fine for that very reason .

NickelMenu/KOReader/Plato persist through updates just fine.
KFMon doesn't, for safety reasons (an unexpected behavior change in Nickel could otherwise result in a boot loop).

You can either:

* Run the OCP install script on one of the full packages again, as reinstalling KOReader/Plato is effectively harmless.
* Run the OCP install script on the KFMon install zip archive only.
* Switch to a pure-NM setup (the config files are installed in the .nm folder, with the relevant entries commented out).
Old 08-14-2021, 04:40 PM   #3337
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
The OCP script handles the KFMon install package just fine for that very reason .

NickelMenu/KOReader/Plato persist through updates just fine.
KFMon doesn't, for safety reasons (an unexpected behavior change in Nickel could otherwise result in a boot loop).

You can either:

* Run the OCP install script on one of the full packages again, as reinstalling KOReader/Plato is effectively harmless.
* Run the OCP install script on the KFMon install zip archive only.
* Switch to a pure-NM setup (the config files are installed in the .nm folder, with the relevant entries commented out).

Thanks. A couple of questions, especially as I have been thinking of doing a full NM install recently:

Is there a 1-click NM install?

If KFMON does NOT persist through firmware upgrades and because of that my KOReader is inaccesible after a firmware upgrade, do the settings and customisations persist, and is is this also true of NM?
Old 08-14-2021, 05:44 PM   #3338
NiLuJe
BLAM!

All the OCP packages bundle NM, and any and all custom configs are unaffected by anything short of a factory reset .
Old 08-16-2021, 01:13 AM   #3339
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
All the OCP packages bundle NM, and any and all custom configs are unaffected by anything short of a factory reset .
This is going to be yet another shocking reveal of my ignorance, but anyway:

I used the KOReader OCP ro reinstall and my KOReader is back, yay! How do I get all the other NM features mentioned in the NickelMenu thread? My NickelMenu menu has one item on it
Old 08-16-2021, 07:23 AM   #3340
NiLuJe
BLAM!

By... setting up NM as you like it? (i.e., read the Documentation linked at the bottom of the very thread you linked to) ;o).
Old 08-16-2021, 07:47 AM   #3341
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
By... setting up NM as you like it? (i.e., read the Documentation linked at the bottom of the very thread you linked to) ;o).
Find the answer myself by putting in some time and effort? What kind of barbaric nonsense is THAT?
Old 09-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #3342
Hopper333
Hopper333 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
History not working in koreader

I'm not sure when this started happening, perhaps from an update a few months ago? I thought it might fix itself but it hasn't. Anyway, my history is frozen in a certain state and opening new books does not add them to the history. If they were a long way back in the history they stay there rather than coming to the front as they should.

This is surprisingly annoying as the history feature is very useful when you have several books on the go.

Where should I look to solve this? I can connect to a terminal but I'm not sure where history should be stored. I have seen talk of a /history folder but can't see it. Also talk about .sdr files which are present for some books but not others.

Is it a permissions problem? A setting on koreader? Has something become corrupted? Can I reset the history? (will be annoying to lose settings but not as annoying as no history!).

Any help would be much appreciated.

Kobo H2O with a koreader just updated and restarted through wifi and OTA update this afternoon, but no change. All books are on a SD card. Please ask if you need any more information.

Many thanks

Michael
Hopper333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:38 PM   #3343
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Hopper333: Is the date/time sane on your device?
Old 09-14-2021, 08:26 PM   #3344
Hopper333

Quote:
@Hopper333: Is the date/time sane on your device?
Thanks for the tip, I will check. Is that better done in koreader or nickel? I have synced the time a number of times but I should check what it is now.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:39 AM   #3345
Hopper333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper333 View Post
Thanks for the tip, I will check. Is that better done in koreader or nickel? I have synced the time a number of times but I should check what it is now.
I think that was all it was! I feel like an idiot now.

Anyway, thank you.