Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #46
IanD
Enthusiast
IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.IanD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_1964 View Post
If you use: FullScreenReading=true in the config file, you get another option in the gui to enable or disable full screen, in that modus there is no footer and header visible anymore.. but if there is a full refresh now intruduced,that will be visible at every pageturn and your battery will be empty much sooner. (I think that is the consequence because I didn't updated yet.. I always wait to see if there are new bugs.. pardon me, I always wait to see which new bugs are introduced with a new firmware.. this maybe doesn't count as a bug because fullscreen isn't a documented feature..)
Thanks. I'm guessing that's the .kobo\Kobo\Kobo eReader.conf file?

If so, then no worries I guess, I won't be using it. I must be the only one who doesn't mind headers & footers in kepubs .
IanD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:29 PM   #47
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post

If so, then no worries I guess, I won't be using it. I must be the only one who doesn't mind headers & footers in kepubs .
I'm with you IanD -- I actually like the kepub headers and footers. Together with the cover screensaver, it makes me feel like I'm reading a physical book -- but with all the advantages of an ebook device!
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #48
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post

Yep that's the one!

And I don't mind the headers and footers either
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:30 PM   #49
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerinnyc View Post
I'm with you IanD -- I actually like the kepub headers and footers. Together with the cover screensaver, it makes me feel like I'm reading a physical book -- but with all the advantages of an ebook device!
Exactly!

Plus the fun of seeing progress in whatever format I prefer at the time
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 12:46 PM   #50
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nick_1964 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Glo HD (2x), Kobo Glo
please delete

Last edited by Nick_1964; 09-25-2015 at 01:40 PM.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #51
phd3
phd3 began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA
Quote:
Originally Posted by freekobo View Post
Unchecking 'Pinch to adjust font size' still does not disable it when reading an ePUB.
At least I can patch it
Dear God, another FW with "pinch to zoom" bug! Now I'm sure my Kobo Aura will never get rid of it. Even Microsoft fixes bugs like this. Again very, very dissappointing.
So I'm sticking with FW 12.1
phd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:06 PM   #52
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
I happy that kobo fix the ghosting, but little disappointed of FullScreenReading.
If i patch the FW i only can rid of the footer in Kepub.
Way kobo use the header, i won't going to forget the book name?

Last edited by oren64; 09-25-2015 at 04:41 PM.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 02:45 PM   #53
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I don't have an issue with non-supported options being used. I just think if a non-supported feature has a problem, then don't call it a bug. Sure you can try to work around it or try to fix it, but it's not a bug since the feature isn't supported. That's all.
People say "bug" when they (we) mean "problem", just like they say "screen saver" when they mean "sleep image" or "smart quotes" when they mean "curly quotes" (or "then" when they mean "than" )
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #54
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
People say "bug" when they (we) mean "problem", just like they say "screen saver" when they mean "sleep image" or "smart quotes" when they mean "curly quotes" (or "then" when they mean "than" )
And folder when they don't know that they should be meaning directory.

Microsoft & Apple have taken proper terms like directory and incorrectly changed the name.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 03:33 PM   #55
eenk
*carrier lost*
eenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refresheseenk can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kobo Forma, H2O v1, Aura HD
In other news: "Send the Grim Reaper to catch unworthy synonyms!"

If only people would start to correctly name it "IEEE Standard 802.11" instead of "Wifi"...

eenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 06:52 PM   #56
GeoffR
Wizard
GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
A firmware bug is a fault in the code.

A lot of the problems people report are not actually bugs, I agree: some are design choices made by Kobo, some are caused by hardware faults, some are misunderstanding about how something is supposed to work, some by publisher mistakes in the book, etc.

I am fairly sure the problem with the FullScreenReading refresh is caused by a bug.
GeoffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:12 PM   #57
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MewCore View Post
I have Glo HD on 3.17.3 but there are no notifications to update when syncing via wifi or when connected to Kobo Desktop. How do I obtain this update?

Tnx
To find out about new device firmware releases I suggest that you subscribe to:
Direct Links to Kobo Firmware (started by, and maintained by, murg)

The first few posts not only tell you which firmware versions are for what device, they also advise how to install.

As murg is taking some R&R at the moment he has not updated his first post to 'officially' advise of the new firmware release, so here is arasyi's post with the details.
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:14 PM   #58
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
I cant wait to see what Murg calls this release!

regards

Jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #59
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Kobo appear to be expanding to Turkey. They have added "Türkçe" as an interface language. But, in the dictionaries, there is only a "English - Türkçe".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 07:35 PM   #60
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
It seems to me that complaining about bugs in unsupported features is one of the best ways to get those features up to "supported" status.

I for one really appreciate the fullscreen feature and I'm annoyed that my new H20 arrived just too late for me to avoid installing 3.18 until the problem was fixed.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote