Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #46
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 10", Android phone
I ordered... One Summer: America, 1927 Kindle Edition by Bill Bryson - $1.99
and somehow got it for free. Huh. I'm baffled. Maybe it was this promo... or whatever it is.

Last edited by tch65721; 08-22-2019 at 01:46 PM.
tch65721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 01:42 PM   #47
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I also have it! Search is on! Any ideas would be welcome.... thanks!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-22-2019, 02:51 PM   #48
vivafriend5
vivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenvivafriend5 has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
I also have it! Search is on! Any ideas would be welcome.... thanks!
I have the credit as well and a lot of Haruki Murakami books were discounted by the credit.
vivafriend5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #49
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tch65721 View Post
and somehow got it for free. Huh. I'm baffled. Maybe it was this promo... or whatever it is.
Just a guess. It might be among the books in the public domain now because it was copyright prior to 1964 and the owner of the copyright did not, as was true of a huge number of such peopl, renew the copyright. There is a--"flood" may be overstating it--a large number that have appeared in the public domain recently. I'm sure that there's a lot of stuff about this in the "News" subforum, and I know that there is (elsewhere) on the Internet.

Amazon, as you may know, "sells" for free a large number of out-of-copyright books. For the most part, at least, they show up, in the thumbnail images, in plain "covers" and in plain "printing" of the titles.

A credit probably is irrelevant to getting these free from Amazon.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 08-22-2019 at 08:22 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 10:04 PM   #50
tch65721
Evangelist
tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tch65721 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GtrsRGr8 View Post
Just a guess. It might be among the books in the public domain now because it was copyright prior to 1964 ...
No. This is about the year 1927 but the book was published in 2013.
Advert
Old 08-23-2019, 12:35 PM   #51
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
I've played with this a bit more, and it seems to be pretty similar to last time - good on some Penguin/Random House books (including at least some subsidiary imprints), only if the "list price" is over $9.99 or over. However if a title with a list price of $9.99 or over is temporarily on sale, it will deduct the $5 from the sale price, even if that is less than $9.99. And if the sale price is less than $5, it will cover the whole price, and says it will keep the bit left over to apply to another title. I haven't been able to verify that part yet this time, but that's how it worked for me last time.

Here is an example from today:

Self-Defense is the 9th in the Alex Delaware series by Jonathan Kellerman. It has dropped to $2.99 at Kindle US, and as a Ballantine Books/Random House imprint seems to be eligible for the credit, since it's normally priced at $9.99. So it showed as free after credit on its webpage, and when I bought it, that's how it turned out.

If you want to buy Self-Defense, links and more info are in this post in the mystery thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=3881821

I also found a PRH title that was on sale for $7.99 and the web page indicated that it was going to deduct the $5 from the $7.99 and let me buy it for $2.99, but I didn't want that title, I was just testing things out. And now I can't remember which one it was, so I can't pass that along. Sorry...I've been looking at a lot of PRH books!
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:37 PM   #52
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, this is a Random House title, normally $12.99, on sale for $1.99, so per my hypothesis above ^^^, eligible for the credit.

Good find, BTW, I will probably buy this to use up the bit of credit left over after my $2.99 purchase of the Kellerman book.

Quote:
Old 08-23-2019, 01:41 PM   #53
tch65721
Evangelist

I found a link to info on the very odd Amazon credit off the Bryson book page... cut/paste of the info:

Quote:
• This offer is by invitation only. • This is a limited time offer. • Offer limited to one per customer and account. • To receive a promotional credit, you must purchase an eBook by the specified author. You will then receive a promotional credit, and this credit will be automatically applied to your next Kindle eBook purchase. • Only select Kindle eBooks sold on Amazon.com are eligible for this credit. • Offer can be used on multiple eBooks, in multiple transactions, up to a maximum benefit of $10. • Offer applies only to select Kindle eBooks made available through Amazon.com. • Offer can only apply to 1 unit in a bulk order purchase. • Offer does not apply to physical goods, digital magazines, audiobooks (including Audible companions for your Kindle eBook purchase), print books, or digital subscriptions such as Kindle Unlimited. • Offer is non-transferable and may not be resold. • Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S. and are subject to the terms and conditions of Amazon Digital Services LLC. • Promotional offer expires 7 days after it is applied to the customer account. • If any of the products or content related to this offer are returned, your refund will equal the amount you paid for the product or content, subject to applicable refund policies. • Amazon.com reserves the right to modify or cancel this promotion at any time. • If you violate any of the Terms and Conditions, the offer will be invalid.
Old 08-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #54
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Us vs. Them: The Failure of Globalism by Ian Bremmer is a 2018 book that was recently in a WSJ list of summer reads recommended by various fund managers. (I may not have this exactly right, since I was reading my husband's WSJ late at night on a plane, and was pretty zonked. In any case, it was on some WSJ guest-list of recommended summer reads...)

It is eligible for the credit, exactly $9.99, which is nice, and you also can apply and earn Great on Kindle credits, if you have any. So, I'm going to pick it up for a bit less than $4.00, which is IMO a pretty good price for recent non-fiction.

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/Us-vs-Them-Fa...dp/B074DG6K8K/
Old 08-23-2019, 01:50 PM   #55
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Hmmm...just a little different...last time it was up to $15, this time just up to $10.

And not sure which author I might have purchased to trigger it, but certainly not limited for redemption to a specific author.

Oh well, I'll not turn down free credit as long as it doesn't have too many restrictions

Quote:
I found a link to info on the very odd Amazon credit off the Bryson book page... cut/paste of the info:
Old 08-23-2019, 02:23 PM   #56
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
No. This is about the year 1927 but the book was published in 2013.
OIC.

____
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:06 PM   #57
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got the Kellerman book... Now have $2 to spend.

These offers are Not for the poor of fixed income. By the time the release them I Broke.

BTW got another $5 offer but Only seems to be for 1 ebook which I have

Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Enjoy this $5 credit we applied to your account to use on select Kindle books by Michael McGarrity as a thank you for purchasing The Big Gamble (Kevin Kerney Novels Series Book 7).

Your credit will expire 5 days from when it was applied to your account.

Select a Kindle book from the link below and see the $5 credit automatically applied when you visit the Kindle book detail page.

Browse eligible titles
Old 08-24-2019, 04:23 AM   #58
Kindleing
Groupie
Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kindleing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles & Kobos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
Dear Amazon.com Customer,

Enjoy this $5 credit we applied to your account to use on select Kindle books by Michael McGarrity as a thank you for purchasing The Big Gamble (Kevin Kerney Novels Series Book 7).
I got a similar offer Friday except it was from buying Isaac Asimov's "The Caves of Steel" a couple weeks ago when it was on sale for $1.99. It was only valid for another Isaac Asimov title, but when I clicked the link there was only one book listed: "Extraterrestrial Civilizations". It is normally $11.99 so the $5 discount made it $6.99. I read through some of the introduction and it sounded interesting... so I bought it.

I've been saving so much money lately on "good deals" that if I'm not careful I'll go broke.

Wally
Kindleing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 10:42 AM   #59
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

And with nothing else eligible in today's Kindle Daily Deal that I was interested in, I did get this to (almost) use up the $2.01 credit I had left from buying the Kellerman book at $2.99. So now I have $0.02 left, and I am not going to chase any more PRH books to use that on! JMTCW...

Quote:
Old 08-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #60
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

I got One Summer: America, 1927 for my son ....