Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-21-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Missing lines

I have seen "missing" lines on the top half (a couple of them). Today I got it and it did not help to reboot. I read a while and suddenly they disappeared and everything was OK. I wonder if this is some hardware problem or software. And typically the problem appear just when I am going to travel a lot...

Anybody else seen this? And if you have seen it did it end up in a broken controller or not?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I also noticed that the font names are not displayed in the menu. They are there since I can select an entry but the area were the names should be are white. So anybody seen that before?
Advert
Old 07-21-2008, 08:07 PM   #3
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I also noticed that the font names are not displayed in the menu. They are there since I can select an entry but the area were the names should be are white. So anybody seen that before?
Yep, I've seen something like that before.

Try removing the '.fonts.cache-1' file in the 'system' directory of your Cybook's flash and rebooting it. It'll probably be fixed.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Yep, I've seen something like that before.

Try removing the '.fonts.cache-1' file in the 'system' directory of your Cybook's flash and rebooting it. It'll probably be fixed.
What I did as to run "fsck.vfat -a" on both disks and the external SD card had some corruption that was fixed. Strangely enough the fonts reappeared after this.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:42 PM   #5
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

I always unmount the card so obviously it is possible to get corruptions just using the Cybook. And that is consistent with other peoples observations. So another bug in the firmware.
Advert