Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-21-2019, 01:22 AM   #31
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Has anyone that bought the Washington Post version from amazon received the X-ray file yet?

The listing claims x-ray enabled and one of the reviews mentions how use x-ray on it is, but I have been on wi-fi a long time, and still no x-ray. (Or apnx, does anyone know whether page numbers are supposed to work?)
I have x-ray on both devices that it is downloaded to now. You should not have to re-download but it can’t hurt to try that if it still hasn’t shown up.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:33 AM   #32
Fiat_Lux
Addict
Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fiat_Lux ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Except the redactions are made to the PDF (either using Acrobat Redact tool, which removes the text from the document, or by highlighting redacted text with Black and exporting as images or both). Word processors are not equipped to ‘redact’ as the formats are inherently editable.
LibreOffice 7.0 will have a redact function.

LibreOffice 8.0 will have a redact function that works properly. You won't know whether one character or 1000 pages were redacted. Nor will you be able to retrieve the data that was redacted.

Quote:
It does seem to me that the government may be required to release documents that are ‘accessible’ per ADA requirements.
Distribution through BARD would meet that requirement.
Fiat_Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:52 AM   #33
Nikkidog
Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Oasis2, Paperwhite4
Barnes and Noble is offering a free version. It was put out by the Department of Justice. I have it and can read it on my Nook and the Nook app on my IPad.
Nikkidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #34
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkidog View Post
Barnes and Noble is offering a free version. It was put out by the Department of Justice. I have it and can read it on my Nook and the Nook app on my IPad.
From what I saw on their site, it's a pdf. Is there any difference compared to the original from doj?
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 10:17 AM   #35
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
Has anyone that bought the Washington Post version from amazon received the X-ray file yet?

The listing claims x-ray enabled and one of the reviews mentions how use x-ray on it is, but I have been on wi-fi a long time, and still no x-ray. (Or apnx, does anyone know whether page numbers are supposed to work?)
I have X-Ray on my copy. I downloaded it Friday morning so it's not something they added later.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 01:40 PM   #36
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I have x-ray on both devices that it is downloaded to now. You should not have to re-download but it can’t hurt to try that if it still hasn’t shown up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I have X-Ray on my copy. I downloaded it Friday morning so it's not something they added later.
Thanks for confirming there is an x-ray file and the redownload suggestion.

Yesterday, I downloaded the book to two kindles, one by USB and one by wifi. Neither got an x-ray file after almost a full day on wifi.

I deleted the book from both kindles (via the kindles' GUIs) and redownloaded over wifi. Still no x-ray for either after an hour.

I've just put 2 books I bought recently but hadn't put on a device yet onto one kindle. x-ray files for those 2 books showed up almost instantly but still no x-ray for the WaPo Mueller Report.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #37
tdonline
Addict
tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tdonline ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Nook Simple Touch
Also available on Overdrive, albeit with a considerable wait list (at least with my library systems).
tdonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:13 PM   #38
SonDan1
Connoisseur
SonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it isSonDan1 knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1, Aluratek Libre Pro,Kobo Wi-Fi, Samsung Galaxy Tab, KoboT, NST
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkidog View Post
What Nook did you read it on Nikkidog? I could not open it on my Nook GlowLight 3. Customer service told me I had to read it on the Nook App.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
SonDan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 05:19 AM   #39
Nikkidog
Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikkidog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonDan1 View Post
What Nook did you read it on Nikkidog? I could not open it on my Nook GlowLight 3. Customer service told me I had to read it on the Nook App.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
I was able to read it on my Glowlight 3, however, the print was to small for me and couldn’t be adjusted. I downloaded it to the Nook app on my IPad and it was fine. I just checked my Nook again and now I receive the message This PDF is currently not supported on this device. I read a lot of complaints that it was unreadable on the Nook so they must have made it unavailable.

I really don’t like reading on my IPad. I ended up buying a kindle version of the report for $1.99.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #40
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Run that PDF through K2pdfopt and magic will occur.

https://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

I use it for certain PDFs for reading on my Kobo Aura One.

(Of course, the $1.99 purchase is also a choice, as you mention.)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 05-22-2019 at 07:37 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #41
Nikkidog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Run that PDF through K2pdfopt and magic will occur.

https://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/

I use it for certain PDFs for reading on my Kobo Aura One.

(Of course, the $1.99 purchase is also a choice, as you mention.)
Thanks Dr Drib.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:33 PM   #42
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
The Digital Public Library of America has released a well formatted epub of the report. Free, of course.

Free Ebook of Mueller Report Now Available
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 10:44 PM   #43
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Before anyone tries it, kindlegen doesn't like that epub and errors out. Now to try Calibre

EDIT: I tried kindlegen because it's faster, uses less RAM, and creates smaller files when it works. But it's also rather picky.

EDIT again: calibre seemed to work, haven't looked at the output

Last edited by binaryhermit; 05-25-2019 at 12:47 AM.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #44
teija
Gadget fiend
teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.teija ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite 2021, Sony PRS-350
Don't know if it's an accurate copy but just saw there is a version currently free on Amazon Kindle, with thanks to eReaderIQ for the heads-up: https://www.ereaderiq.com/dp/B07SGH5...ueller-report/
teija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 02:27 AM   #45
binaryhermit
Grand Sorcerer
binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.binaryhermit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
A quick glance at the DPLA version posted a few posts ago, albeit converted to dual mobi format because I email to my paperwhite3, seems to think it's a pretty good copy.
binaryhermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mueller report