Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-11-2016, 01:02 PM   #316
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
And let’s not forget the best opening line of a rock album ever:

kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:28 PM   #317
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
And let’s not forget the best opening line of a rock album ever:

Never heard this one either. After listening to some of it, I gotta say it really sucks
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #318
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Never heard this one either. After listening to some of it, I gotta say it really sucks
You prefer The Eagles?
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 01:33 PM   #319
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
The Monkees, I should guess.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:28 PM   #320
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You prefer The Eagles?
The Eagles are okay, but I like most these bands better (in no particular order):

60's --> Beatles, Kinks, Yardbirds, Animals, Hollies, Dave Clark 5, Cream, Traffic, Beach Boys, Byrds, Guess Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Doors, Four Seasons, Searchers, Jimi Hendrix, Mamas & Papas, Rolling Stones, Vanilla Fudge, Monkees, Ten Years After, Sonny & Cher, Steppenwolf, Blind Faith, CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), Moody Blues, Zombies, Who, Small Faces, Velvet Underground, Procol Harum, Chicago,

70's --> AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Humble Pie, Mott the Hoople, Faces, Boston, Heart, Blue Oyster Cult, Golden Earring, Fleetwood Mac, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Badfinger, Quicksilver Messenger Service, T. Rex, Journey, Bad Company, Joe Walsh, Grand Funk Railroad, Talking Heads, King Crimson, Head East,

80's --> Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne,

90's --> Soundgarden, Nirvana, Candlebox, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Presidents of the USA, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Radiohead, Offspring, Breeders,

00's --> White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age,

That's a start

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-11-2016 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2016, 02:30 PM   #321
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
The Monkees, I should guess.
They're on my list, but I prefer most of the others to them.
Old 12-11-2016, 03:15 PM   #322
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Quote:
The Eagles are okay, but I like most these bands better (in no particular order):

60's --> Beatles, Kinks, Yardbirds, Animals, Hollies, Dave Clark 5, Cream, Traffic, Beach Boys, Byrds, Guess Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Doors, Four Seasons, Searchers, Jimi Hendrix, Mamas & Papas, Rolling Stones, Vanilla Fudge, Monkees, Ten Years After, Sonny & Cher, Steppenwolf, Blind Faith, CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young), Moody Blues, Zombies, Who, Small Faces, Velvet Underground, Procol Harum, Chicago,

70's --> AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Foghat, Uriah Heep, Thin Lizzy, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Humble Pie, Mott the Hoople, Faces, Boston, Heart, Blue Oyster Cult, Golden Earring, Fleetwood Mac, Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Badfinger, Quicksilver Messenger Service, T. Rex, Journey, Bad Company, Joe Walsh, Grand Funk Railroad, Talking Heads, King Crimson, Head East,

80's --> Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne,

90's --> Soundgarden, Nirvana, Candlebox, Alice in Chains, Pearl Jam, Presidents of the USA, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Collective Soul, Radiohead, Offspring, Breeders,

00's --> White Stripes, Queens of the Stone Age,

That's a start
Wow, a lot of white men.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 03:30 PM   #323
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Wow, a lot of white men.
Interesting observation. For the most part, minorities and women don't perform the music I like.
Old 12-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #324
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
Sometimes I wonder if we all live on the same planet. Could also be a generational thing, though. This was such a huge hit when I was a teenager:

I do remember that song, but I still don't remember her. It cannot be a "generational thing" because I graduated HS in 1976, two years before that song was released. Perhaps that was the only major hit of note she had? There were a LOT of one hit wonders in the 1960s and 1970s. We remember the hit songs but probably don't remember the artists very well, if at all.

For the record, she had a terrible voice. No wonder I don't remember her. Bruce Springsteen had a much better version of that song, as did Jan Wayne.
Old 12-11-2016, 05:40 PM   #325
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
TBH I only remember her because "Because the Night" was a Springsteen song and because I got her autobiography free from Amazon and more skimmed it than read it.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:11 PM   #326
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ....
[
Quote:
The Eagles are okay, but I like most these bands better (in no particular order): ...
You omitted Bananarama :-(
AnotherCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 07:07 PM   #327
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
[

You omitted Bananarama :-(
For good reason.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:40 PM   #328
AnotherCat
AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnotherCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
For good reason.
That is a relief :-), no monkeying around with you then.

Many on your list would be on mine too. Some of the differences for me would be due to my not being in the USA, so differences in national airtime/popularity would be an influence on my picks.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:01 PM   #329
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherCat View Post
That is a relief :-), no monkeying around with you then.

Many on your list would be on mine too. Some of the differences for me would be due to my not being in the USA, so differences in national airtime/popularity would be an influence on my picks.
There were three major musical periods in my life - British Invasion (1960s), hard rock/ heavy metal (1970s), and grunge/ alternative (1990s). Overall, my favorite bands are British.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:56 PM   #330
AnotherCat

Quote:
...Overall, my favorite bands are British.
I did wonder.

Someone commented about a lot of "white men" in yours which reminded me that one trip in the US I wandered into a record store and around 20 pairs of tense eyes latched onto me as I checked the shelves, me being white. All was smiles once they saw my picks though :-), although I have to say that ones selection was somewhat guided by what was stocked but that was why I was there in the first place.

I was going to add from my list but it got far too complicated: but comes immediately to mind that among UK 60s artists The Kinks would be in there for me.