Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 04:30 PM   #1
linguinee
linguinee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Libra H20
KOReader 2019.10 and Kobo Libra: Upside down and reversed!

Installation was a snap with the one click script and KOReader launches...afterwards things get tricky.

KOReader's display orients itself upside down to the position of the Libra reader itself -- portrait and landscape.

One really enters the looking glass ;-) upon interacting with KOReader's menus as gestures and taps are seemingly registered and mapped to menus and controls 180 degrees from where they actually occur. For instance, an upside down menu item at the top of Libra's screen is invoked be touching the bottom of the screen.

Anyone else with a Libra and KOReader experiencing similar funhouse tendencies?
linguinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I'm guessing you're currently starting KOReader from a non-standard orientation (I take the standard "Portrait" to be Portrait, buttons on the right, FWIW).

That will indeed result in fun rotation shenanigans, for a very stupid reason .
(i.e., we do nothing instead of enforcing Portrait on startup).

The fix hasn't yet hit a nightly, but I'll get it in the day after tomorrow at worst.

In the meantime, things *should* behave as long as you're launching KOReader with Nickel in Portrait (provided Nickel doesn't decide to rotate on open ;p).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-25-2019 at 05:16 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2019, 05:35 PM   #3
linguinee
linguinee began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD; Kobo Libra H20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm guessing you're currently starting KOReader from a non-standard orientation (I take the standard "Portrait" to be Portrait, buttons on the right, FWIW).

That will indeed result in fun rotation shenanigans, for a very stupid reason .
(i.e., we do nothing instead of enforcing Portrait on startup).

Ahh, after the initial configuration of the Libra I didn't think to revisit my settings but, yes, as you suspected, I usually read with the button panel *on the left* as I'm left handed -- and right thinking ;-).

I'll stay tuned for the regular updates. Thank you for your efforts.
linguinee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:52 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Today's nightly should include the fix .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote