Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 06:09 AM   #1
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Device: Sony PRS-T3S
A questions to - Tweak: tag browser category order

Hi,

I wanted to change the order of my tag browser but I got one problem. Everytime I try it like this
Quote:
tag_browser_category_order = {'author': 1, 'series': 2, 'tags': 3, '*': 4}
the Author gets down, behind all my other new sorted categories and not still standing at first. Is there a way to still have it first?

Mini
MiniMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:27 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniMouse View Post
Hi,

I wanted to change the order of my tag browser but I got one problem. Everytime I try it like this

the Author gets down, behind all my other new sorted categories and not still standing at first. Is there a way to still have it first?

Mini
@MiniMouse - I use the Tweak on one of my libraries, I have 'authors': 1 and it works as expected, what I don't have is anything for '*', anything unspecified appears in no particular order at the bottom of the list.

So, try removing the , '*': 4

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 08:23 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Hi,

Code:
tag_browser_category_order = {'author': 1, 'series': 2, 'tags': 3, '*': 4}

Mini
The lookup name is authors, not author.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:24 AM   #4
MiniMouse
Groupie
MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MiniMouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Well, there will always be a big time delay because I'm not living in the US! And there could be some communication difficulties too because I'm not a native speaker!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@MiniMouse - I use the Tweak on one of my libraries, I have 'authors': 1 and it works as expected, what I don't have is anything for '*', anything unspecified appears in no particular order at the bottom of the list.

So, try removing the , '*': 4

BR
No, the '*': 4 wasn't the proplem, my false writing was. I wrote author instead of authors.

Edit: @chaley you were faster then me with the reply
Old 09-13-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
MiniMouse
Groupie

Okay the authors thing works know (can't believe I was that stupid ) but I have a column in my tags that will not move in any way. So what am I doing wrong?

Lokup name is 'word_count'
Column heading is 'Word Count'
Column type: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags

It doesn't matter how I write it (with lockup name or column heading). Is it a problem that I have an underline in the lockup name or a space between the words in my column heading?

Mini
Advert
Old 09-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Okay the authors thing works know (can't believe I was that stupid ) but I have a column in my tags that will not move in any way. So what am I doing wrong?

Lokup name is 'word_count'
Column heading is 'Word Count'
Column type: Column built from other columns, behaves like tags

It doesn't matter how I write it (with lockup name or column heading). Is it a problem that I have an underline in the lockup name or a space between the words in my column heading?

Mini
Lookup names for custom columns must begin with a # character. Swing your mouse over the column heading in calibre to see the lookup name for that column.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
MiniMouse
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Lookup names for custom columns must begin with a # character. Swing your mouse over the column heading in calibre to see the lookup name for that column.
Stupid again
I didn't even think about that it might work like on templates.

Thanks,
Mini