Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #451
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
They've been doing wonky-donky stuff stripping images, video, and out of kf8 books lately. I'll take a look at the book and try to see what's keeping the plugin from being able to extract an epub, but in cases like this, it's often caused by the fact that an epub wasn't used to create the kf8 to begin with. The plugin's epub extraction feature still shouldn't barf all over it, thougn.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 07:10 PM   #452
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
The ASIN is B00OV9D9P4 (if I didn't screw up the copy and paste).
I downloaded that book, Aquarium, using K4PC 1.30 with KFX disabled and was able to use KindleUnpack on it without any errors using calibre 5.3.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #453
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I downloaded that book, Aquarium, using K4PC 1.30 with KFX disabled and was able to use KindleUnpack on it without any errors using calibre 5.3.
And I had no errors with KindleforPC 1.17 with Calibre 4.23.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 10:25 AM   #454
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
Can you please give me a link to where I can refresh my memory on how to disable KFX downloads with K4PC? I don't need that functionality often enough anymore to remember how. No need to duplicate the instructions here, please.
Old 10-23-2020, 10:34 AM   #455
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #456
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
More specifically for later K4PC versions, you can check message #968 in the thread @pdurrant referenced.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 12:52 PM   #457
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks all!
Old 12-28-2020, 03:20 PM   #458
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

New version of the plugin released (v0.83.0) to pull in the latest upstream KindleUnpack changes that fix an issue where a mobi header item (found in some magazines) was being incorrectly identified as a string instead of a value.

Nothing else has really changed, so if you're not getting any errors (or you're not unpacking Kindle magazines), this can probably be considered an optional update.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:12 PM   #459
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Spanish Translation

The update was ahead of me.
I've added translation support to the plugin and it's already translated into Spanish.
I leave the file.
But I will review the update to avoid issues between versions.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-28-2020 at 07:33 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:32 PM   #460
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I appreciate the contribution and the effort, but I'm going to need to produce my own .pot template that people can then use to provide translation files for the plugin. I'm afraid I'm just not comfortable with the mix of code/html that is being included along with the translatable strings in your template.

In short: I have much prep work to do to the plugin itself before I'm ready to incorporate translations.

I'm also going to remove your attachment, as I don't want any confusion about what the latest official version of the plugin is. Thanks for your interest.

EDIT: to be clear ... the the state of the translatable strings being produced is entirely my fault. I'm the one who initially wrapped the strings with the _() function in a way that is producing bad strings. It's just that no one has ever offered to provide a translation for this particular plugin so I never went back and cleaned up the strings being produced by the code. When I get some time, I certainly will, though.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-28-2020 at 07:47 PM.
Old 12-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #461
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I appreciate the contribution and the effort, but I'm going to need to produce my own .pot template that people can then use to provide translation files for the plugin. I'm afraid I'm just not comfortable with the mix of code/html that is being included along with the translatable strings in your template.

In short: I have much prep work to do to the plugin itself before I'm ready to incorporate translations.

I'm also going to remove your attachment, as I don't want any confusion about what the latest official version of the plugin is. Thanks for your interest.

EDIT: to be clear ... the the state of the translatable strings being produced is entirely my fault. I'm the one who initially wrapped the strings with the _() function in a way that is producing bad strings. It's just that no one has ever offered to provide a translation for this particular plugin so I never went back and cleaned up the strings being produced by the code. When I get some time, I certainly will, though.
If true there were several strings marked to translate.
I am not offended at all, I understand your point.
If I am useful, count on my help.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #462
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Just to report a potential bug? malformed data?

Unpacking that Korean to English dictionary from the Kindle forum generated this error:

Code:
calibre, version 5.8.1
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>TypeError</b>:a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'

calibre 5.8.1 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: fr
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && DeDRM (7, 0, 0) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && APNX Generator (1, 1, 0) && Count Pages (1, 11, 0) && EpubCheck (0, 2, 3) && Find Duplicates (1, 8, 3) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (1, 36, 0) && KFX Input (1, 36, 0) && Set KFX metadata (from KFX Output) (1, 47, 0) && KFX Output (1, 47, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 0) && KindleXRay (0, 0, 4) && Open With (1, 5, 13) && Quality Check (1, 11, 0) && Standard Ebooks (0, 1, 1) && TTS to MP3 (0, 5, 8) && WordDumb (2, 0, 2) && X-Ray Creator (3, 2, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.action", line 268, in unpack_ebook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.mobi_stuff", line 124, in unpackMOBI
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 934, in unpackBook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 855, in process_all_mobi_headers
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.kindleunpack", line 632, in processMobi7
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.kindleunpackcore.mobi_dict", line 219, in getPositionMap
KeyError: 2

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.action", line 270, in unpack_ebook
  File "calibre_plugins.kindleunpack_plugin.utilities", line 102, in showErrorDlg
  File "traceback.py", line 163, in print_exc
  File "traceback.py", line 105, in print_exception
TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not 'str'
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 10:11 AM   #463
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

KindleUnpack has never been robust in unpacking dictionaries. It might not ever be. But having said that, your 2nd error sounds like a classic python 2/3 byte vs string issue. And since it's in the plugin-only error-dialog call, that's on me. I can fix that, but it's unlikely that doing so is going to result in that dictionary from being able to be successfully/correctly unpacked.

Thanks for the report and the sample!
Old 01-03-2021, 08:04 AM   #464
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
KindleUnpack has never been robust in unpacking dictionaries. It might not ever be. But having said that, your 2nd error sounds like a classic python 2/3 byte vs string issue. And since it's in the plugin-only error-dialog call, that's on me. I can fix that, but it's unlikely that doing so is going to result in that dictionary from being able to be successfully/correctly unpacked.

Thanks for the report and the sample!
Already remarkable that KindleUnpack can unpack dictionaries at all. Thank you.

If that can help, the dictionary author has made the source available here.

[EDIT 13:05] Actually Jhowell has corrected the malformed tag and Owl_ revised dictionary unpacks perfectly.

Last edited by PoP; 01-03-2021 at 01:53 PM.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 06:38 PM   #465
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Good to know! I'll try to get the plugin's error dialog fixed. But the good news is that the error dialog is only going to fail after the unpacking has failed.

Tags
mobi2mobi