Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-18-2018, 11:19 AM   #1
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
What Cover/Case do you use for the PW4?

I need a cover/case. Don't Not like the one amazon sells with it.
So what do you have for your PW4?
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 11:39 AM   #2
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
I use this one. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K16HYGQ/

It works well, does the job.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2018, 06:00 PM   #3
trcm
Connoisseur
trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!trcm rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle PW4, Libra H2O
An M-Edge Trip Jacket (the Kindle 4-style) is a perfect fit if you can still find one.
It protects the screen and edges very well from knocks and drops and is comfortable to hold.
Got mine on eBay for £4.

Last edited by trcm; 12-18-2018 at 06:02 PM.
trcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I use this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JLXJ7SW...aa9603f34&th=1

It's light and works well.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 08:19 AM   #5
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
I like the cases with artwork. I have been waiting for those to slowly trickle out, not happy with the ones that came out first. I'm going to get one - or two - of these, but not sure which yet. Several beautiful ones.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2018, 09:39 AM   #6
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I like the cases with artwork. I have been waiting for those to slowly trickle out, not happy with the ones that came out first. I'm going to get one - or two - of these, but not sure which yet. Several beautiful ones.
Beautiful ! I love the colors. Your right they are coming out with some really nice artwork cases now.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:11 PM   #7
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
I got two gorgeous ones from Ali Express but this is my current one, it’s beautiful, from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K146JLQ...ing=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	63F18B85-2842-4F7A-9F11-2A71DDDF58E8.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	545.9 KB
ID:	168491   Click image for larger version

Name:	6EEC38DA-6FF2-4A35-A9DF-79C150D98934.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	459.3 KB
ID:	168492   Click image for larger version

Name:	21A94055-2B3C-48C7-BCCD-38C2EC7DC1A6.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	636.5 KB
ID:	168493  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:43 PM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I use this for storage and transport:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...e/282459344903

I don't like cases on my Kindle when reading. Maybe when reader+cover drop down to, say, 150g combined weight, then I'll start using covers. I'd like one with similar grippy back texture as the Paperwhite's. Hmm, maybe with a bit more drag.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 12-19-2018 at 03:51 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #9
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
I would never have a naked reader with my cats around: they'd probably step on the screen when I went to answer the door etc.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 09:54 PM   #10
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I got a great one on ebay mint green cloth like by Infiland I had compliments at work on how nice it looks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiland-Fo...53.m2749.l2649
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:34 AM   #11
Isamilis
Connoisseur
Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Isamilis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2015, Oasis, Paperwhite 2016
Just curious... is PW3 cover will fit with PW4?
Isamilis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #12
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isamilis View Post
Nope, the PW4 is a little smaller than the PW3. Not by much but you'll need to buy a new cover for the PW4.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
I got a great one on ebay mint green cloth like by Infiland I had compliments at work on how nice it looks

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiland-Fo...53.m2749.l2649
That's a nice cover, I love the color. I went on the link and on the close up page description it showed the cloth cover , but said it was leather with a really nice denim feeling cloth. Lol. Got to love the generic descriptions. I think they call everything leather now and just add details like cloth after. Thank goodness people can figure out the details themselves.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:25 AM   #14
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Depends. The hard shells that snap into place won't. Those that use fabric or elastic straps to hold the Kindle might.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #15
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
The elastic straps in the corner do. I used one with my PW4 before I got a clip in case. The clip in cases do not.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote