Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old Today, 03:29 AM   #286
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
It appears to be called the 'kobonia'
I noticed that. I don't know if they did that on purpose or weren't being careful.

Walmart (U.S.) already has the Nia listed (for "preorder") but, at the time of writing this, you can't actually preorder. At this point the price is $100, but I'm guessing it will be on sale sooner or later.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/seort/824...oboNiaPreorder
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:37 AM   #287
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
It's now up on Kobo's UK site for pre-order. Now that it's been announced properly, I've made a new Kobo Nia thread for the MobileRead frontpage.

It is the "Kobo Nia" although the logo is in lower case.

I suggest comments on the actual announced product should go in the new thread

I didn't want to put this thread on the front page because of the vast number of speculative comments before the actual announcement.

Last edited by pdurrant; Today at 03:45 AM.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #288
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I can assure you that it will not launch tomorrow.
And that is because it was announced at 1 minute past midnight on Wednesday.
Nate the great is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #289
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
"Comfort Light" (in Kobo speak) just means front-lit. Comfort Light Pro means "warm light." My Aura Edition 2 also has a "Comfort Light."

I just realized the Aura 2 had an infrared touch screen where the Nia has a capacitive touch screen. I guess that's better or worse depending on your viewpoint.
The Aura 2, which the Nia is replacing, also had "comfort light". That was not a color-changing frontlight (I double checked).
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #290
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Ah, thanks! Finally, the Kobo and Tolino line-ups match (hardware-wise anyhow). Did Kobo actually announce anything today, or did they just put it up on their website and upload the video to YouTube? I wonder if there will be a cheaper "Walmart edition?"
Yes. The official announcement was scheduled for 1 minute after midnight.
Old Today, 06:36 AM   #291
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone SE 2020, PW3
delete post

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 06:39 AM.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote