Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-19-2012, 12:33 PM   #316
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Sorry I meant M92... my fault, but I found the same problem in another topic in this forum with a possible solution. Reposted there

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171640
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 03:29 PM   #317
moesasji
moesasji began at the beginning.

Device: onyx m92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koda View Post
Sorry I meant M92... my fault, but I found the same problem in another topic in this forum with a possible solution. Reposted there

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=171640
@Koda: I've had the same problem. For me connecting the device to a computer and then switching device itself on and off by holding the powerbutton for a long time is what fixed it for me.

*) Just for clarity: doing this powercycling when not connected to a PC or even reinstalling the firmware (1.7RC) itself did not resolve the issue.
moesasji is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 09:29 AM   #318
renushan
Enthusiast
renushan began at the beginning.

Device: ONYX BOOX M92
Req: Some fixes request and Screensaver application for M92

Hello friends,

Been using the M92 for some time, and am quite pleased with it. Nevertheless, I have a few issues, like:
1. The scribble area is not fully utilized, there is some space left at the top and the bottom.
2. Some times, the clock is shown in big, and it does not come out of it, I need to reset the whole thing.
3. There are still some "can't write" areas in the native scribble application, at the top right and bottom right.

Other than these, the reading software is really good. Requesting, can someone tell me what is the size for the background image to be used in scribbles?

Also, we used a good screensaver application with 6" BOOX, it was good, we were able to replace the usual images by the user images. Is there any such app for M92? Can we use the same app for M92?

Regards,

RENUSHAN
renushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #319
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by renushan View Post
Hello friends,

Been using the M92 for some time, and am quite pleased with it. Nevertheless, I have a few issues, like:
1. The scribble area is not fully utilized, there is some space left at the top and the bottom.
2. Some times, the clock is shown in big, and it does not come out of it, I need to reset the whole thing.
3. There are still some "can't write" areas in the native scribble application, at the top right and bottom right.

Other than these, the reading software is really good. Requesting, can someone tell me what is the size for the background image to be used in scribbles?

Also, we used a good screensaver application with 6" BOOX, it was good, we were able to replace the usual images by the user images. Is there any such app for M92? Can we use the same app for M92?

Regards,

RENUSHAN
Hi,

for me 1. and 3. seem to be same points, aren't they?

2. need more details

About screensaver. Pics must be 825 x 1200.

About the screensaver app - is it a third party software or was it already on the boox?
I would like to test it, if you could give me a link. Thanks!

Last edited by Booxtor; 03-21-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:09 AM   #320
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
The pics can also be 1200x1200. Thus you can also scribble in landscape mode
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #321
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Dear Booxtor,

are the issues i mentioned earlier well know to the devs?

I mean the merging of white scribbles as black and the one about vertical and horizontal lines not being recognized by the merging algorithm?

I added them under "Scribbling" on the Wiki wish-list

Do you think these things would be addressed soon?

P.S. I'm also quite pleased with the device and think that if these issues are resolved (together with the issue where the pen sometimes stops writing and has to be put away from the screen for a moment to continue) we could have the perfect note-taking/scribbling experience.

Last edited by por; 03-23-2012 at 06:38 PM.
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 04:13 PM   #322
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

for me 1. and 3. seem to be same points, aren't they?

2. need more details

About screensaver. Pics must be 825 x 1200.

About the screensaver app - is it a third party software or was it already on the boox?
I would like to test it, if you could give me a link. Thanks!
1 (3 respectively): The Scribble application will allow sketches only on the area covered by the background (and - btw. - will scale/stretch the sketches when a background of different dimensions is selected ) => chosing tuxor's set of backgrounds (screen resolution) eliminates this ;
This also relates to the wishlist item about boundary 'markings'
2: likely the (previously mentioned) issue about the clock application... select the clock (full screen), then press the joystick and keep it pressed for a few seconds => clock will stay in front (afaik until the device is rebooted)
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:12 AM   #323
renushan
Enthusiast

Hello Friends,

Continuing on the 3 points. The screensaver project was there in BOOXUSERS forum. We used the SDK and changed it a bit to accommodate minimum 1 image. Now that I have moved to a different company, I couldn't compile same for M92, I was just a high-level programmer on C, knowing nothing about toolchains and things. I've got the backup of the source-code at one stage, which I'll be glad to share.

On the "freeze-clock" - I checked and saw what Kodomo says is absolutely right! Is there NO way to unfreeze it? Booxtor?

On the size of Scribble background, glad to say 825 x 1200 fits exactly.

I still have an area near the right top and right bottom that cannot be written on. Can anyone please help on this?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:51 AM   #324
renushan
Enthusiast

Meanwhile, once the Scribble background size is fixed, I am having a bit of fun with some cool backgrounds, like weekly planner, trip journal, directions to a place, diary, to do and such! Hope the "blind area" problem is solved soon so I can enjoy my all-use notebook better.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 AM   #325
por
Groupie
por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.por is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: ONYX M96
Quote:
Meanwhile, once the Scribble background size is fixed, I am having a bit of fun with some cool backgrounds, like weekly planner, trip journal, directions to a place, diary, to do and such! Hope the "blind area" problem is solved soon so I can enjoy my all-use notebook better.
Create a blank PDF or just download this one i've made. You can then write everywhere on the page (just open the file as a normal PDF and go to "annotation"). I suggest you use full-screen mode, then the page of the PDF fits the screen almost exactly.

Let's hope the new update will bring fixes for some of the issues i mentioned in my earlier post
Attached Files
File Type: pdf T1.PDF (130.2 KB, 353 views)
por is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:14 AM   #326
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
On the size of Scribble background, glad to say 825 x 1200 fits exactly.

I still have an area near the right top and right bottom that cannot be written on. Can anyone please help on this?
With tuxor's backgrounds, I can scribble on the whole screen area... if the background stretches over the whole screen and the problem persists, I'd assume a calibration problem (can you click on items or scribble on PDFs in these areas?)
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #327
Koda
Connoisseur
Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.Koda knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: 13" E-ink reader
Problem with custom fonts.
I downloaded and copied your fonts Booxtor in the sd card in a folder named "fonts" (lowercase), but they don't show up in the "Default fonts" menu. I moved them in the internal memory but with no luck. Am I missing some step?
Koda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 04:09 PM   #328
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Can you chose those fonts from within an opened document (epub or txt)? Are you using ttf-fonts?

Last edited by tuxor; 03-22-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #329
CJY
Zealot
CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!CJY , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Re: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...nd#post1974026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
@since I never tried the music player functionality of m92 I did not notice the problem in the past.
The problem was forwarded to ONYX.
Dear Booxtor,
are you in a position to inform of any progress on this issue?
Sorry to pester, but sound is non-workable for me like this, and I have missed my 'reading music' for over a month now.

Cheers!
CJ
CJY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:34 PM   #330
tuxor
Addict

Dear Booxtor,

would you please ask somebody at ONYX, why they aren't releasing the source code for the whole firmware or at least for kernel (GPL!!?), gui_shell and system_manager? A git repository for the whole firmware or for some parts of it would be a great thing, I'm sure there are some users that would be able to commit useful bug fixes!