Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2018, 11:00 PM   #1
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
Question Kindle Keyboard 3 with Version 3.4.2. Possible to jailbreak to display time/weather?

Is it possible at all? Is there a tutorial anywhere? I looked and not sure which to use, and would like to use it to display date/time/weather if possible.
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And what made you dismiss this?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 05:25 PM   #3
lori87
Connoisseur
lori87 doesn't litterlori87 doesn't litter

Device: kobo
It didnt say what to do for version 3.4, only for 3.1 and 3.2. Maybe im blind
lori87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 11:09 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@lori87: Huh. You're not wrong, my bad .

AFAIK, the 3.2 thing should still work, so assume 3.0-to-3.2 means 3.0-to-3.4 .

Give me a shout if something doesn't work.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 05:12 AM   #5
errick27
errick27 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
cant get my kindle to connect to pc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

idk whats wrong with this device, i tried on windows, nothing showed when i plugged it in. neither on ubuntu (i tried on lubuntu)

help
errick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 02:53 PM   #6
Kaucuk
Kaucuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g keyboard
Kindle 3g Keyboard FW3.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post

Hi there, I was trying to solve this every now and then for quite a while, but never figured out what is wrong. Ever since the 3.4.2 update was released as soon as I used wifi and the update file was automatically downloaded the Kindle just did not stop restarting afterwards, even without initiating the update. So as the result the battery drained within a day. I after figuring out what is going on always tried to remember to delete the downloaded .bin file after turning either 3g or WIFI on, but every now and than I also forgot and again ended up with empty battery, which was so annoying I decided to update to 3.4.2. The upgrade went ok, but some of my hacks stopped working, especially my custom screensaver pictures stopped working and instead I got back the add banner and the add screensavers. I thought I will simply redo the jailbreak, but every attempt of that (even with factory reset device) ended after like 10 percent on the progress bar with unspecified mistake and never finished. So what is it that it prevent Kindle 3g from jail-breaking? any chance of some update of the jailbreak bin files for this ancient but still by many beloved kindle? Thank you

Last edited by Kaucuk; 12-30-2022 at 02:55 PM.
Kaucuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2022, 04:49 PM   #7
Kaucuk
Kaucuk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g keyboard
U006

I actually need to correct my self a bit... The think that I was trying to enhance my Kindle 3G with hacks very shortly after I got it, so there has been quite a few jailbreak updates going in and I might mix it up somewhere along the way. I tried doing uninstall on everything I recorded I did with the Kindle, but no matter what I am getting this "Another Jailbreak found Aborting..." message followed by U006 error code on the update screen when trying to apply any available jailbreak now. Is there any possible way how to wipe off all the custom changes and get the kindle to the off shelf state please? I did all possible uninstalls I could find in my kindle updates history folder, I did factory reset afterwards, I even tried upgrading to 3.4.3 FW version, all of mentioned was successful, but as soon as I try installing jailbreak, I get the "another jailbreak found..." message and it interrupts.
Thank you for any ideas or hints... I really like the enhanced functions of the kindle so I would really like to get them back if possible. Cheers.
Kaucuk is offline   Reply With Quote