Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-02-2024, 09:41 AM   #1036
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
I’m fairly sure that they meant new as in new to the device, added. Seems obvious.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 05:55 PM   #1037
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Sorry, i think im confusing everyone (myself included).

When i do the one click install on my Kobo Libra Colour, a new menu item appears at the bottom of my Kobo reader. I click it, and it opens up a link to open Koreader. Then the prompt appears (with the smiley face at the end) telling me that Koreader is opening, but nothing happens.

FYI i have no idea what NickelMenu is. I will research that now.
cerem0ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 06:59 PM   #1038
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerem0ny View Post
Sorry, i think im confusing everyone (myself included).

When i do the one click install on my Kobo Libra Colour, a new menu item appears at the bottom of my Kobo reader. I click it, and it opens up a link to open Koreader. Then the prompt appears (with the smiley face at the end) telling me that Koreader is opening, but nothing happens.

You weren't confusing, it was perfectly clear to me.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 08:42 PM   #1039
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
NickelMenu is what is responsible for that new item in the bottom right corner. The one click install packages install FMON, NickelMenu and either or both of KOReader and Plato.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2024, 11:21 PM   #1040
cerem0ny
Evangelist
cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cerem0ny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
NickelMenu is what is responsible for that new item in the bottom right corner. The one click install packages install FMON, NickelMenu and either or both of KOReader and Plato.
Yep, and Nickel is the name of the Kobo OS. Got it!
Old 05-03-2024, 08:53 AM   #1041
Edemen
Enthusiast
Edemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Sage, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
Hello guys
Whether the OCP Koreader already works on Kobo Clara BW?
Edemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 10:36 AM   #1042
ursmii
ursmii began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara bw
hi community
quite new here and also with my brand new kobo claro bw
so I'll tried the install script from #2 and first no steady PSwindow appeared. so i opened PS as admin and run it again. then I get the following error(s):

Code:
Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Install the latest PowerShell for new features and improvements! https://aka.ms/PSWindows

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> cd\
PS C:\> cd C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04
PS C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04> install.ps1
install.ps1 : The term 'install.ps1' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable
program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1
+ install.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (install.ps1:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

Suggestion [3,General]: The command install.ps1 was not found, but does exist in the current location. Windows PowerShell does not load commands from the current location by default. If you trust this command, instead type: ".\install.ps1". See "get-help about_Command_Precedence" for more details.
PS C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04> .\install.ps1

.\install.ps1 : File C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04\install.ps1 cannot be loaded because running scripts
is disabled on this system. For more information, see about_Execution_Policies at
https:/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=135170.
At line:1 char:1
+ .\install.ps1
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : SecurityError: (:) [], PSSecurityException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : UnauthorizedAccess
PS C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04>
after setting Set-ExecutionPolicy -ExecutionPolicy Bypass
Code:
No supported packages found in the current directory (C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04)!
* Nothing to do! Press Enter to exit:
I'm waiting for some update or helping instructions, please
urs
ursmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 04:16 PM   #1043
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
It's not supported yet, but you can run it with the device definition from here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/11737

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursmii View Post
Code:
No supported packages found in the current directory (C:\Users\ursm\Desktop\OCP-KOReader-v2024.04)!
* Nothing to do! Press Enter to exit:
Put the zip file in the same folder as the script.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:14 PM   #1044
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's not supported yet, but you can run it with the device definition from here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/11737

Put the zip file in the same folder as the script.
Clicked on the link, that all looks waaaay too technical for me! I’ll wait for an official release.

So far I’m really enjoying Nickel and converting epubs to Kepubs. They really look beautiful on my Libra colour!
Old 05-04-2024, 04:17 AM   #1045
ursmii
ursmii began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara bw
Quote:
Clicked on the link, that all looks waaaay too technical for me! I’ll wait for an official release.
for me too - I'l be patient.
@Frenzie anyway thanks for the suggestion
ursmii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 09:07 AM   #1046
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
It really is not that complicated:
On your computer download this file (right click on this link and choose Save as or Download or whatever ; also post-download check that browser didn't stupidly add ".txt" as the file extension [the filename should be "device.lua" not "device.lua.txt", if it is incorrect rename it to delete the ".txt" at the end] then copy it and paste & overwrite that over existing file in "koreader/frontend/device/kobo
/" folder on your Kobo that is connected via USB cable.

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-04-2024 at 09:13 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 12:11 PM   #1047
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
It really is not that complicated:
On your computer download this file (right click on this link and choose Save as or Download or whatever ; also post-download check that browser didn't stupidly add ".txt" as the file extension [the filename should be "device.lua" not "device.lua.txt", if it is incorrect rename it to delete the ".txt" at the end] then copy it and paste & overwrite that over existing file in "koreader/frontend/device/kobo
/" folder on your Kobo that is connected via USB cable.
edit: copied the lua file to the wrong place - its working! Awesome! Thanks so much!

There's a new issue though - the device is rotating in the wrong direction! i.e. when i flip it one orientation, it flips the other way around, so I'm always reading upside down any ideas for a fix? this is on the Kobo Libra Colour...

OH and another thing - while I'm disabling the gyroscope manually the fonts dont appear to be changing in my books???

Last edited by cerem0ny; 05-04-2024 at 12:52 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 01:11 PM   #1048
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
Since all of that is still work in progress you would need to read through all the comments on that GitHub issues and apply manually all the edits and files replacements.
Like, read those 2 comments:

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2089432884

https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2089646786

Or monitor that discussion in order to see when the "pull request" gets merged and after that wait for next nightly build of KOReader and install that build.

Last edited by shamanNS; 05-04-2024 at 01:14 PM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2024, 07:34 PM   #1049
cerem0ny
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Since all of that is still work in progress you would need to read through all the comments on that GitHub issues and apply manually all the edits and files replacements.
Like, read those 2 comments:

Or monitor that discussion in order to see when the "pull request" gets merged and after that wait for next nightly build of KOReader and install that build.
Thanks for the introduction!!!

Can’t seem to get the fixes to work though. Orientation is still screwed even after editing the .lua file and there doesn’t appear to be a fix for changing the fonts… downloaded and applied the latest nightly build… so confused!

I will wait for the official release methinks!

Last edited by cerem0ny; 05-04-2024 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-04-2024, 10:43 PM   #1050
biskitttt
biskitttt began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Thanks for the introduction!!!

Can’t seem to get the fixes to work though. Orientation is still screwed even after editing the .lua file and there doesn’t appear to be a fix for changing the fonts… downloaded and applied the latest nightly build… so confused!

I will wait for the official release methinks!

I don't know about the font but this fixed the gyro and orientation for me. it also corrects the physical button.

biskitttt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kfmon, kobo, koreader, plato