Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 09:58 PM   #121
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Here's what it said when I ordered (on the 28th and 29th) this shot is for the WiFi, but the 3G page said the same thing...

That is what it said when I ordered on the 30th. As a lawyer, that box better be at my house by midnight on the 27th, or I will . . . do nothing.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 10:17 PM   #122
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
That is what it said when I ordered on the 30th. As a lawyer, that box better be at my house by midnight on the 27th, or I will . . . do nothing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2010, 10:52 PM   #123
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
I've never had cancer. Just saying.
Dope.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:12 AM   #124
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Ordered Kindle and Cover on same day (1st day of being able to order) and my cover has now changed to "Dispatching Soon" which means I can no longer change or cancel that order.

Whenever I get this status update - I usually get the said items next day.
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:38 AM   #125
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
Now this is weird. I ordered on July 30th and included a cover in the order. I specified FREE Super Saver Shipping. However...
I now see that the Kindle is listed as Two-Day Shipping! (The cover is still super saver.)

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #126
mimi24
Enthusiast
mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mimi24 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3 WiFi
"This portion of your order is being prepared for shipment and cannot be canceled or changed." YES!!!!

I ordered the Kindle Wi-Fi on the 29th (from Germany).
mimi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 02:57 AM   #127
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
My lighted cover from Amazon.co.uk will be despatched tomorrow, estimated delivery date is Sep 6. So that is a good sign, however Amazon.com is still showing Not Yet Shipped. Considering the time difference that is hardly surprising, but hopefully that will change during the day.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:06 AM   #128
hoermal
Enthusiast
hoermal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 und Kindle 2
"shipping soon" ordered 29th July from Germany!
hoermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #129
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
The Amazon Kindle forums are buzzing with people getting their order status changed to "dispatching soon" ...
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #130
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Oh my, I've been lurking for a short while, but I just can't resist posting at the excitement I'm feeling from this "Shipping soon" status!
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:23 AM   #131
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
And a lot of them are International, me included! yay.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:31 AM   #132
digiridan
Enthusiast
digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.digiridan is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3, Thinkpad Tablet
My card just got charged!
Order status: Shipping soon!
digiridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:39 AM   #133
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
It has all happened in the last hour or so. I guess it is quiet in the USA at the moment as people are asleep........
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:45 AM   #134
kathyfitz
Electronics Whore
kathyfitz doesn't litterkathyfitz doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad, iPad mini, iPhone5, Kindle3
West Coast of the US here, and still nothing! But you all have given me hope that there may be news tomorrow! (I guess that technically would be later today. )
kathyfitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:49 AM   #135
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
The cover has gone to Dispatching Soon, and the Kindle 3G-Wifi itself is still at 'We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date for this item".

Nearly there!
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote