Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2010, 04:14 PM   #106
Erinath
Shy Philosopher
Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Erinath knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD+ & Kindle Keyboard (wifi only)
I ordered from Amazon UK on July 29, as I still hadn't been e-mailed with a delivery date I contacted customer services today to ask when I should expect it as I went to ensure I'm in for it. They basically told me if I look at the item page I would see it isn't shipping until on or before September 17, but I'm free to cancel if I like. Now, I did send my order number so they know I wasn't talking about an order placed today. Seriously Amazon?!?
Erinath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #107
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erinath View Post
I ordered from Amazon UK on July 29, as I still hadn't been e-mailed with a delivery date I contacted customer services today to ask when I should expect it as I went to ensure I'm in for it. They basically told me if I look at the item page I would see it isn't shipping until on or before September 17, but I'm free to cancel if I like. Now, I did send my order number so they know I wasn't talking about an order placed today. Seriously Amazon?!?
Maybe that was an automated reply. I'd email them back and ask.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:23 PM   #108
Ben Thornton
Guru
Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ben Thornton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, iPad 2 (but not for e-books)
On the Amazon.com site, it says "The reviews are in ..." and quotes various reviews from yesterday. On Amazon.co.uk, the reviews are not in yet. Hopefully the K3s aren't on the same boat with the reviews
Ben Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #109
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
This is getting more exciting as release date comes closer

I promise not to laugh so hard at the Apple-fanboys in the future.

Next week will be awesome, a new reader and maybe my copy of the Get lamp documentary willl arrive as well.
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:08 PM   #110
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tovare View Post

Next week will be awesome, a new reader and maybe my copy of the Get lamp documentary willl arrive as well.
What Apple-fanboys? You sound like an Amazon fan-boy! I love my iPad and my iPhone 4, but you sure as heck won't find me reading on my iPad!

Roll on the new Kindle! Ship already! Shiiiiiiiip!
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #111
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
The pathetic thing is this kindle doesn't do anything more than my current kindle. But I still want me kindle!!!
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:09 PM   #112
tovare
Addict
tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tovare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600, Kindle kb Wifi, new Kindle NT, PW2, Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamG View Post
What Apple-fanboys? You sound like an Amazon fan-boy! I love my iPad and my iPhone 4, but you sure as heck won't find me reading on my iPad!
I actually thought about the iPad when I wrote that about not laughing as hard, because I saw this really enthusiastic and charming iPad review on youtube and almost rolled over laughing when the guy talked about how he looked forward to reading, as he swiped quickly back and forth admiring the page-turn-animation ("Yeah, that will really enhance your reading experience dude").

I guess, I'll look even more silly showing everyone the crisp and black text on my brand new kindle ... and everyone else thinking: "Uh?, the screen is grey, looks like a cheap paperback and what's that horrible flickering when you turn pages".
tovare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:25 PM   #113
nachtxeule
Enthusiast
nachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it isnachtxeule knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3.
i was confused whether to buy kobo or kindle so i cancelled my shipment to sept 8th and i preordered again, now my shipment is supposedly sept 10th...
nachtxeule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #114
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewLB View Post
I ordered Aug 2nd, and still got nothin'
I'm in Toronto though.

My main concern is that since I'm on vacation from the 29th, I need to know what's up soon so I can possibly redirect the shipment.
We need to stick together. I ordered mine in Toronto at 1:30 pm eastern time on Aug 2. Course, I'm not headed out of town so I could pick yours up and, like, kinda *hold it* will you get back ... LOL.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:39 PM   #115
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:

Why not? Unless the Kindle has issues with wifi and the recommendation is for the entire world to update the firmware on their routers (like the iPad) then I think you may still have grounds for a little chuckle.

End of the day at least we can say we didn't camp out on the street 5 days before release day just to get it the second it gets released
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #116
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Yeah, don't even remind me about the wifi nightmare that was the iPad prior to firmware 3.2.1. Just a joke. If there's one thing Apple can't do properly (among many things), it's things to do with wireless. Whether it's antenna issues, wifi issues, BT issues (iPhone 4), iMac wifi issues, iMac Bluetooth issues, MacBook Pro wifi issues, MacBook Pro BT issues. The list goes on. And yes, that's just MY experience.

I still love my Applez, but I sincerely doubt any of us will have problems with the Kindle 2's wifi. It amazes me that companies STILL have trouble with wifi - probably one of the cheapest and simplest chips in a computer!
Old 08-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #117
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
I never had a problem with the wi-fi on my iPad. Just saying.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #118
Mintaka
Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.Mintaka is no ebook tyro.

Device: K2, K3 3G+WiFi, Nexus One (2.2)
My lighted leather cover just arrived, but no K3 yet.
Mintaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #119
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Here's what it said when I ordered (on the 28th and 29th) this shot is for the WiFi, but the 3G page said the same thing...

AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM   #120
WilliamG
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
I never had a problem with the wi-fi on my iPad. Just saying.
I've never had cancer. Just saying.