Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
hellothere231
hellothere231 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G + Wifi
Question How do I jailbreak my Kindle 3?

Hey. I'm pretty new here. I was just wondering how I could jailbreak my Kindle 3. My Kindle is on firmware 3.4. I've tried to look in the wiki, but i couldn't really find anything. I was also wondering what I could do with a jailbroken Kindle. Thanks for your help, guys.
hellothere231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #2
cryzed
Evangelist
cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cryzed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
You could have googled! The first dozen of results are all related to your question, but I'd suggest you check out this thread and follow the instructions carefully.

But no offense, and I really mean this, if you aren't tech-savvy enough to google around a bit to find the answer to your question, you should think twice about actually jailbreaking your Kindle -- especially if you don't even know why you want to jailbreak it.
cryzed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #3
hellothere231

I did google it, but everything that came up was outdated. And I'm sorry if I don't seem tech-savvy. I'm just really new to the kindle jailbreaking scene.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
stickybuns
Evangelist
stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stickybuns ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Instructions and files are here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88004

I jailbroke mine to allow for a custom screen saver, and the process was very simple. The main thing is knowing which file to download since the file you need will depend on whether you are in the US and whether you have 3G or wifi only.
stickybuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
hellothere231

Already jailbroke. Installed the screensaver hack and KUAL, as well. Going to install the font hack now. Thanks, guys!
Advert