Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #1
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Unable to Reinstall Via One-Click

I've had Koreader working on two Kobos, but hadn't been using it much recently until I went back in to look at some PDFs. Neither device would now load Koreader, which I assume is because of firmware upgrades.

My problem: I've tried the one-click install method to get it working again, the same method that I used before on both devices, and this time nothing seems to work. I follow the instructions as given at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220.

And while the ereader seems to be processing something, the links to activate Koreader don't do anything but open as image files. Also, despite editing the configuration file to stop the Unix files from showing as books, this doesn't work either.

Is it possible I'm dealing with something inherent to the latest firmware? Both devices just upgraded the firmware. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks!
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:09 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No issues with FW 4.20 on my end, FWIW.

I'd suggest double-checking for USBMS shenanigans and/or other random potential mishaps. (i.e., "Have You Tried Turning It Off And On Again?").

Last edited by NiLuJe; 03-04-2020 at 08:48 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:07 PM   #3
gilster
Connoisseur
gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'gilster knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
You seem to have been right. Anyway, I didn't work on this problem for 2 days, and when I returned and tried again, I was able to easily install Koreader on both devices. I have no idea what the original glitch was, but glad to have access once more. Thanks. == Paul
gilster is offline   Reply With Quote