Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2015, 04:01 PM   #1
ukepyoo11
ukepyoo11 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Feature request - Ebook viewer pages

Hi,

There are times when I read my Kindle books using the Calibre ebook viewer because I like to be able to access all of my ebooks since I also have stuff from Kobo. It's really inconvenient if I have to open both Kindle for PC and Kobo in my laptop at the same time.

That said, the page/location thing in the Calibre ebook viewer is really confusing. I'd like to know what page I'm already since I always update where I am already in a book in Goodreads.

Although the part right part of the page bar could tell me what percent I am when I hover my cursor on it, it's still not enough. I'd really love to know in what page I am already.

I know that not all Kindle books have that page feature, but it would be really nice if I could get an estimate or something. And I know Kobo only gives the percent thing but I have most of my books from Kindle.

Would it be possible to change that to the Kindle paging scheme or I don't know, perhaps Adobe?

I know that there's also a plugin that counts the pages, but that's what all it does, it only counts the number of pages.

Also, I don't really have any experience in programming or whatsoever. I hope that you'll understand and possibly explain stuff to me in layman terms should it be impossible to achieve this. Thank you very much!
ukepyoo11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Not happening.

Kindles only have Real Page Numbers because of a special APNX file which contains the page mapping info. This is not part of the ebook itself.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
feature request