Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-19-2020, 06:24 PM   #421
ThereseSoul
ThereseSoul began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle / Remarkable2 / Boox /Supernote AX6
Hi there- I hope I can get help with this. I can live in the meantime as I managed to find v1.17 of the Kindle for PC app- and found your batch file to disable updates to that- thank you so much!! @Jhowell

But here are the errors I am encountering, I have properly installed both plugins required, I am using the beta plugin of the De-DRM tool cause I had issues with the Nov 2020 version:

Quote:
Running file type plugin DeDRM failed with traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 534, in KindleMobiDecrypt
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.k4mobidedrm", line 238, in GetDecryptedBook
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.kfxdedrm", line 42, in processBook
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.kfxdedrm", line 82, in decrypt_voucher
Exception: Failed to decrypt KFX DRM voucher with any key

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 172, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 627, in run
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 577, in KindleMobiDecrypt
calibre_plugins.dedrm.DeDRMError: DeDRM v7.0.0: Ultimately failed to decrypt after 2.3 seconds. Read the FAQs at Harper's repository: https://github.com/apprenticeharper/...master/FAQs.md
Running file type plugin Package KFX (from KFX Input) failed with traceback:
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 172, in _run_filetype_plugins
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.package_filetype", line 21, in run
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.package_filetype", line 32, in run_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 83, in convert_to_single_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 208, in decode_book
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.yj_book", line 315, in get_container
calibre_plugins.kfx_input.kfxlib.utilities.KFXDRME rror: Book container B082HRSZKW_EBOK.azw has DRM and cannAdded Spellbreaker to db in: 0.1
Added 1 books in 2.9 seconds
How can fix this if I may ask?
ThereseSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:07 PM   #422
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereseSoul View Post
I am using the beta plugin of the De-DRM tool cause I had issues with the Nov 2020 version:
As far as I know the beta plugin does not work for KFX format.

For more detailed help with DRM removal you will have to ask for help at Apprentice Alf's Blog or Apprentice Harper's GitHub.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:20 PM   #423
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi there- I hope I can get help with this. I can live in the meantime as I managed to find v1.17 of the Kindle for PC app- and found your batch file to disable updates to that- thank you so much!! @Jhowell

But here are the errors I am encountering, I have properly installed both plugins required, I am using the beta plugin of the De-DRM tool cause I had issues with the Nov 2020 version:

Out of a perhaps morbid curiosity, how are you downloading a KFX file with K4PC 1.17 since that version is recommended since it will not download a KFX format ebook.

If that file came from another version of K4PC, note that the KFX DRM removal will not work with K4PC versions over 1.26.

If you install the portable version of calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.8.1, can you remove DRM?

Last edited by DNSB; 12-19-2020 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Corrected K4PC version for KFX decryption to 1.26
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #424
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Out of a perhaps morbid curiosity, how are you downloading a KFX file with K4PC 1.17 since that version is recommended since it will not download a KFX format ebook.
I believe that ThereseSoul has worked around the problem of KFX DeDRM not working by using K4PC 1.17 to avoid it.

Quote:
I can live in the meantime as I managed to find v1.17 of the Kindle for PC app
Old 12-19-2020, 08:30 PM   #425
ThereseSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I believe that ThereseSoul has worked around the problem of KFX DeDRM not working by using K4PC 1.17 to avoid it.
Yes, I initially downloaded V1.30 or whatever the latest version was from Amazon.com directly, but the KFX somehow is not working for me -- and I guess the Beta one does not work with KFX? Ugh, well I went through 3 excruciating hours hunting down a valid 1.70 version and went through the torture of eyeballing a SHA sequence slowly twice, so maybe I will stick with this method for now until they work out the kinks over at ApprenticeElf I suppose.

Thank you for your help @jhowell!
Old 12-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #426
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I wonder if she has run into DeDRM only being used during the import process not during conversion though if she was using 1.30, it's a moot point.

It's possbile to use 1.30 with the batch file to disable KFX downloads. See this message in the Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre thread for more information.

Last edited by DNSB; 12-19-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:31 PM   #427
ThereseSoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you install the portable version of calibre 4.23 and DeDRM 6.8.1, can you remove DRM?
Not sure , I didn't even know there were portable versions out.
Old 12-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #428
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Not sure , I didn't even know there were portable versions out.
Check this link for calibre portable.
Old 12-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #429
moh3en
moh3en began at the beginning.

Device: Kindel
Hello What this error?

calibre, version 5.7.2
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Cosmopolitan</b><br><br>Exception('This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre. For best results use the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion.')</p>
moh3en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 01:11 PM   #430
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moh3en View Post
Hello What this error?

calibre, version 5.7.2
ERROR: KFX conversion failed: <p><b>Cannot convert Cosmopolitan</b><br><br>Exception('This book has a layout that is incompatible with calibre. For best results use the KFX Input plugin CLI for conversion.')</p>
Most kindle books use reflowable layout with content the adjusts to the user's screen. Others, such as comics and print replica textbooks, use fixed-layout. Some Kindle magazines, like Cosmopolitan, use a proprietary hybrid format that has both reflowable and fixed-layout content in the same file.

Calibre's conversion routine is designed to handle books with reflowable layout. Using it to convert books with fixed-layout often yields poor results. To work around this the KFX Input plugin has a CLI mode that bypasses calibre's conversion code and will work better for fixed-layout books. It is documented in the first post of this thread.

If you instead want to convert the book using the normal method to see how it comes out, you can bypass the error by selecting "Allow conversion to complete even if errors are detected" in the KFX Input tab of the conversion dialog.

Using either method of conversion the resulting book will still have some elements of Amazon's proprietary hybrid reflowable+fixed magazine layout and will probably not work well with e-book reading software.
Old 12-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #431
Spencer
Spencer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Unhappy Error with KFX Output CLI

Hmm tried to write one post but it doesn't show. Second attempt:

using calibre-debug -r "KFX Output" -- -l "abcd.kpf" "abcd.kfx"

I get the following error message:

Spoiler:
Converting abcd.kpf
Processing container: abcd.kpf
Removed 3 KDF SQLite file fingerprint(s)
Adding book_navigation
Built approximate location_map with 336 locations
WARNING: Unknown KCB data: metadata/edited_tool_versions=1.47.1.0
WARNING: Unknown KCB data: metadata/edited_tool_versions=3.49.0
WARNING: Unknown KCB data: metadata/tool_version=3.49.0
kfxgen version: kfxlib-20201222
Features: CanonicalFormat-2, max_id-787, yj_non_pdf_fixed_layout-2, yj_publisher_panels-2
WARNING: Unknown kindle_audit_metadata: creator_version=1.47.1.0
Metadata: ASIN=6HEKWB6O643NOB205FP88GLETTRXHDOZ, asset_id=CR!HY9V4YMFHI947O2PBZXFZCC2IBT1, book_id=DB1BdFs9TO6nrCg5l-xDiA0, cde_content_type=EBOK, content_id=6HEKWB6O643NOB205FP88GLETTRXHDOZ, cover_image=2550x3300, file_creator=KC, is_sample=False, override_kindle_font=False, reading_orders=1, selection=enabled, yj_fixed_layout=1, yj_publisher_panels=1
File "runpy.py", line 194, in _run_module_as_main
File "runpy.py", line 87, in _run_code
File "site.py", line 82, in <module>
File "site.py", line 77, in main
File "site.py", line 49, in run_entry_point
File "calibre\debug.py", line 313, in main
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 258, in cli_main
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.__init__", line 339, in convert_from_kpf_or_zip
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.yj_book", line 91, in convert_to_single_kfx
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.kfx_contain er", line 359, in serialize
File "calibre_plugins.kfx_output.kfxlib.utilities", line 1007, in serialize
MemoryError
Spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 03:02 PM   #432
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer View Post
Hmm tried to write one post but it doesn't show.
I replied to your question in the KFX Output thread.
Old 02-25-2021, 02:26 PM   #433
daddyjones
daddyjones began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I noticed in the first post that

Quote:
DRM removal for KFX format is currently possible only for books downloaded using version ... 5.6.5 through 5.12.1 of e-ink Kindle device firmware
My attempts to import from my kindle are failing - I assume this is because my kindle is currently running firmware 5.12.2?

Any attempt to import to library from my kindle results in:

Quote:
calibre, version 5.11.0
Not Implemented: The following books are in KFX format. KFX is a virtual book format, and cannot be transferred from the device. Instead, you should go to your "Manage my content and devices" page on the Amazon homepage and download the book to your computer from there. That will give you a regular AZW3 file that you can add to calibre normally. Click "Show details" to see the list of books.
Edit: I should add that the KFX Input plugin is installed (it seems to have been installed with Calibre - I did not install it) version 1.36.0

Last edited by daddyjones; 02-25-2021 at 02:30 PM. Reason: added more details
daddyjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 02:47 PM   #434
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyjones View Post
I noticed in the first post that

My attempts to import from my kindle are failing - I assume this is because my kindle is currently running firmware 5.12.2?
It seems likely. But detailed help with DRM removal isn't allowed here.

Feel free to ask, if it's not obvious from the first post, how to prevent Kindle for PC downloading KFX format files.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #435
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Calibre blocks import of KFX format from Kindle devices regardless of the firmware you are running. You can enable import of KFX using the "kfx_input_set_format_virtual" plugin tweak as described in the first post of this thread. However it would be pointless since there is currently no way to remove the KFX DRM from those books.

See the thread Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 (and later) and KFX in calibre for alternate methods of importing calibre books. Since you own a Kindle device Method 3 would be the best choice for you.

And if you haven't already you should research the DeDRM plugin available from Apprentice Harper's GitHub.

Quote:
Edit: I should add that the KFX Input plugin is installed (it seems to have been installed with Calibre - I did not install it) version 1.36.0
I suspect that you installed it sometime ago and forgot about it.