Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #211
boopsy35
boopsy35 is on a distinguished road

Device: kobo libra 2
help

Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
A Greek keyboard for the 3.19.5761 firmware.
Tested with a GloHD that I was customizing for a friend.
Hope it works on other models and firmwares too..
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Greek keyboard`
patch_enable = `no`
# patch_group = `Keyboard alternatives`
#
## Replaces keys on the Extended Latin keypad with Greek alternatives.
#
# Enable uppercase for `ß` key
replace_bytes = 851C38, 00 24, 01 24
# Replace layout sign
find_base_address = `ÉÀÇ`
replace_string = 0000, `ÉÀÇ`, `EN/GR`
# Change keyboard layout
find_base_address = `æ\0\0à\0\0è\0\0ì\0\0`
# Second row, left to right:
# (for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura the first key moves to top row, first column.)
replace_string = 0000, `æ\0`, `!`
replace_string = 0004, `à\0`, `ά`
replace_string = 0008, `è\0`, `ς`
replace_string = 000C, `ì\0`, `ε`
replace_string = 0010, `ò\0`, `ρ`
replace_string = 0014, `ù\0`, `τ`
replace_string = 0018, `á\0`, `υ`
replace_string = 001C, `é\0`, `θ`
replace_string = 0020, `í\0`, `ι`
replace_string = 0024, `ó\0`, `ο`
replace_string = 0028, `ú\0`, `π`
replace_string = 002C, `ý\0`, `-`
# Third row, left to right:
# (for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura the first key moves to top row, second column.)
replace_string = 0030, `œ\0`, `?`
replace_string = 0034, `â\0`, `α`
replace_string = 0038, `ê\0`, `σ`
replace_string = 003C, `î\0`, `δ`
replace_string = 0040, `ô\0`, `φ`
replace_string = 0044, `û\0`, `γ`
replace_string = 0048, `ä\0`, `η`
replace_string = 004C, `ë\0`, `ξ`
replace_string = 0050, `ï\0`, `κ`
replace_string = 0054, `ö\0`, `λ`
replace_string = 0058, `ü\0`, `ή`
replace_string = 005C, `ÿ\0`, `ώ`
# Bottom row, left to right:
replace_string = 0060, `ã\0`, `ζ`
replace_string = 0064, `ñ\0`, `χ`
replace_string = 0068, `õ\0`, `ψ`
replace_string = 006C, `å\0`, `ω`
replace_string = 0070, `ß\0`, `β`
replace_string = 0074, `ç\0`, `ν`
replace_string = 0078, `đ\0`, `μ`
replace_string = 007C, `ø\0`, `,`
replace_string = 0080, `ij\0`, `.`
replace_string = 0084, `ł\0`, `ύ`
#
# Top row: Extra keys for Touch/Mini/Glo/Aura only.
# (This patch cannot change the top row of the AuraHD/H2O/GloHD keypad.)
find_base_address = `ƒ\0\0þ\0\0š\0\0ž\0\0`
# Top row: columns 1-2 (see first key of second/third rows above.)
# Top row: columns 3-5
replace_string = 0004, `þ\0`, `έ`
replace_string = 0008, `š\0`, `;`
replace_string = 000C, `ž\0`, `:`
# Top row: column 6 is a duplicate of the last key on the bottom row.
# Top row: columns 7-10
replace_string = 0000, `ƒ\0`, `"`
replace_string = 0010, `μ\0`, `ί`
replace_string = 0014, `ª\0`, `ό`
replace_string = 0018, `º\0`, `'`
</Patch>

Can u please give me instructions on how and where to add this patch specifically in order for it to work?? I have a KA1
Thank you!
boopsy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #212
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopsy35 View Post
Can u please give me instructions on how and where to add this patch specifically in order for it to work?? I have a KA1
Thank you!
You can't. That's for a completely different firmware. Not compatible at all.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #213
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by embryo View Post
A Greek keyboard for the 3.19.5761 firmware.
Tested with a GloHD that I was customizing for a friend.
Hope it works on other models and firmwares too..
Quote:
Originally Posted by boopsy35 View Post
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You can't. That's for a completely different firmware. Not compatible at all.
However if boopsy35 was to head over to the Instructions for patching firmware 4.6.9995 thread, post #36 has GeoffR's Greek keyboard patch.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #214
Kuram
Enthusiast
Kuram began at the beginning.

Device: PW1, KAO (current)
Is it possible to change the footer so that it shows position and percentage, something like

Quote:
200/1700, 11%
I'm on 4.5.9587 (c77383d7d1)

Also, some way to remove the header in kepub without going fullscreen mode?

Last edited by Kuram; 10-26-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Kuram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 05:02 PM   #215
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
Is it possible to change the footer so that it shows position and percentage
Not exactly as you want but you do have a couple of options:
  • Long pressing on the '200/1700' in the footer will cycle to '11% read' then to 'x hours to go'. Can't remember whether this is kepub only. If long-pressing does work in standard epub it will only cycle between the first two of these 3 options. ETA: It does work in standard epub.
  • If you tap the screen to bring up the top and bottom menus, the top left corner shows the current time HH:MM for a few seconds then it automatically changes to 'x% read'. This works in both kepub and epub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuram View Post
Also, some way to remove the header in kepub without going fullscreen mode?
No one has been able to find a way, so far. There are patches to reduce the kepub header height by 33% or 50%.

Last edited by jackie_w; 10-26-2017 at 05:06 PM. Reason: ETA
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #216
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
Long pressing on the '200/1700' in the footer will cycle to '11% read' then to 'x hours to go'. Can't remember whether this is kepub only.
Yes, that is kepub only.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:57 AM   #217
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Yes, that is kepub only.
No it isn't. It is all book formats. The formats of the progress displayed is dependent on the formats. Only kepub will show "x hours to go".
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:08 PM   #218
gaurav_singh_md
gaurav_singh_md began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
The reading footer is the area at the bottom of the screen where the page number or other progress indicator is displayed. The `Custom reading footer style` patch allows the following properties of the footer to be changed:
  • Footer height (the amount of screen reserved for displaying the footer),
  • Font size used for the progress indicator,
  • Vertical position of the progress indicator within the footer.
(In some firmware versions it is also possible to change the font face used for the progress indicator, although that can sometimes be problematic.)

In general, the default values for the patch result in a footer of about half the height of the one in the unpatched firmware. The same footer is used for both the EPUB and KEPUB reader, but as the KEPUB reader has a large header matching the large original footer, the smaller patched footer will probably look too small when reading kepubs.

Note that other factors in the book's stylesheet can affect the size of the gap between the text and the progress indicator: line spacing, paragraph spacing, @page margins, widows/orphans settings, and others.

The screenshots attached (Glo, 3.15.0) show a sideloaded epub with the line spacing adjusted to get the text close to the footer in both cases:
1. Unpatched
2. Patched (default values for Glo)
I enabled this patch but the footer still looks too big (while reading). Do i need to modify something in the patch for it to work? i enabled the full screen mode as well and even there the bottom margin looks big. Before enabling this patch the header and footer were the same size in full screen. i have a kobo aura one. Thanks.
gaurav_singh_md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:07 PM   #219
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Safe patching

I'm considering to patch the firmaware of the Aura one, but is there any risk to harm or brick the device? If yes, can I compleately mend it with a factory reset?

My principal needs are:
-Fix the touch sensitivity
-lower the battery drain

Moreover: have the epubs sped and well-working like the kepub too

thanks a lot
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 12:10 PM   #220
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
I'm considering to patch the firmaware of the Aura one, but is there any risk to harm or brick the device? If yes, can I compleately mend it with a factory reset?

My principal needs are:
-Fix the touch sensitivity
-lower the battery drain

Moreover: have the epubs sped and well-working like the kepub too

thanks a lot
I've patched my H2O many times with no problem. The thing you need to do is download the correct firmware file for your KA1 and if you are using just the official KA1 firmware, there is no patch. As for your principle needs, the patches won't help with those. The patches do not change the speed for ePub and kepub.

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-11-2018 at 01:06 PM.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:37 PM   #221
Deckard_RJ
Deckard_RJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
PDF zoom

Hello everyone. I'm a newbie here, so forget me if I'm writting in the wrong thread.
Well, most books that I read are pdf's. And to zoom a pdf is a pain, a constant pain. My dream is there is a patch that you could configure the zoom increment in the zoom buttons (on the left (minus) and on the right (plus) of the zoom slide). The default is the minus buttom decreases the zoom in 50 points percent (from 185% to 135%, for instance), and the plus button increases the zoom in 50 points percent (from 115% to 165%, for instance). My need is that the left and the right buttons decreases and increases the zoom in only 2 points, for instance.
I think it is not impossible to achieve, and anyone that reads in pdf spend some time trying to "fine tune" the zoom value, to make use of every millimeter of the screen.
So, if anyone knows some patch or "trick" that coud help me, I would appreciate a lot.

Thanks in advance,
Victor
Deckard_RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 09:15 AM   #222
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_singh_md View Post
I enabled this patch but the footer still looks too big (while reading). Do i need to modify something in the patch for it to work? i enabled the full screen mode as well and even there the bottom margin looks big. Before enabling this patch the header and footer were the same size in full screen. i have a kobo aura one. Thanks.
Note: Try the GeoffR's answer first. Probably it solves your case.

I don't know what's exactly what you want (small font, small gap,...)
Sorry, I can't put you a screenshot. It's only an example. Change at your own.
Spoiler:
Code:
<Patch>
patch_name = `Custom reading footer style (SMALL version)`
patch_enable = `yes`
#
find_base_address = `ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\n`
# For KA1
replace_string = 0000, `ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n`, `ReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {qproperty-footerMargin:74;min-height:60px;max-height:60px}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {font-family: Georgia; font-size: 32px; margin-top: -08px}\n                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               `
# For any
#replace_string = 0000, `ReadingFooter {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 105;\n}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 170;\n}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  qproperty-footerMargin: 221;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {\n  font-size: 19px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {\n  font-size: 23px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {\n  font-size: 29px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {\n  font-size: 32px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {\n  font-size: 37px;\n}\n#caption[qApp_localeName="ja_JP"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifJP, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n`, `ReadingFooter {qproperty-footerMargin:105;min-height:70px;max-height:70px}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {qproperty-footerMargin:170;}\nReadingFooter[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {qproperty-footerMargin:75;}{min-height:60px;max-height:60px}\n#caption {font-family:Georgia;font-size:14px;margin-top:-08px}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy=true] {font-size:19px;}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix=true] {font-size:23px;}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDragon=true] {font-size:29px;}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum=true] {font-size:32px;}\n#caption[qApp_deviceIsDaylight=true] {font-size:34px;}\n            `
</Patch>

My changes are in red. Try with your data until... you know.
Good luck.

Last edited by jcn363; 01-12-2018 at 09:25 AM. Reason: note
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:32 PM   #223
Owl_
Enthusiastic reader
Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Owl_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite3, Kobo aura one, kobo touch 2.0, Kobo Clara HD,Poke2
Quote:
I've patched my H2O many times with no problem. The thing you need to do is download the correct firmware file for your KA1 and if you are using just the official KA1 firmware, there is no patch. As for your principle needs, the patches won't help with those. The patches do not change the speed for ePub and kepub.

But if I've problems after patching, will a factory reset fix all?
Owl_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:36 PM   #224
jcn363
absolute beginner
jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jcn363 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ka1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl_ View Post
But if I've problems after patching, will a factory reset fix all?
No doubt. Definitely you'll have what you bought.
Good luck.
jcn363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 12:14 PM   #225
VladPM
VladPM began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
And where is now the Custom reading footer style patch? I can not find.
VladPM is offline   Reply With Quote