Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-12-2021, 08:46 PM   #1
Doc Dabi
Doc Dabi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Model J9G29R
Unhappy PW4 stuck on tree screen

Hello so I just bought a white PW4 from one of my local pawnshops and it was working perfectly fine, I tried updating over the air and it updated but is now stuck on that screen. I can't even turn off the system. Am I screwed or is there a way to fix it? I just wanted to be on the latest firmware, it was on 15.11.2 I hope you guys can help, its my first kindle in a very long time and i just wanted to be happy with it.
Doc Dabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
You could try a hard-reboot (hold the power button for a while), but that's generally not a good sign (e.g., storage failure).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2021, 09:06 PM   #3
Doc Dabi

I've tried that, but all that happens is the led blinks green then nothing. Still stays on the "Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up"
Old 01-12-2021, 09:58 PM   #4
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
I don't think there's a white PW4.

There's a white PW3 and a white KT4 but the PW4 only comes in Black, Blue, Green and Pink, iirc.

How did you install the update? Also, what's the charge on the device when you updated? Maybe try plugging it in to USB wall charger and leave it there for a while.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 10:07 PM   #5
Doc Dabi

Hmm I really don't know, I put the model number which is J9G29R and it comes up with that. Could be the PW3 though, i am sorry not trying to waste anyone's time. I checked Amazon and it says its a 10th gen device, and the serial is G090WF06024200W6. I might just buy a brand new one instead of getting used if this is what i get.
Advert
Old 01-12-2021, 10:49 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That's indeed a KT4, not a PW4.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 11:52 PM   #7
Doc Dabi

I'm sorry if thread was misleading, I wasn't sure what it was. Was just going off what the pawn shop said it was, wasn't until I checked Amazon that I even found out what the serial was. So again I'm sorry, I'll just get a new one. Thank you for the help though.
Old 01-13-2021, 11:08 AM   #8
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Dabi View Post
I'm sorry if thread was misleading, I wasn't sure what it was. Was just going off what the pawn shop said it was, wasn't until I checked Amazon that I even found out what the serial was. So again I'm sorry, I'll just get a new one. Thank you for the help though.
How are your electronic skills? You may be able to recover from this via the serial port. Assuming you attempt this you will be a pioneer, as this particular model has yet to be sucessfully jailbroken via the serial port. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=335884

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote