Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-28-2008, 04:00 PM   #1
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Invert Screen (hack?)

I've only been playing with my Reader for a couple of days, and I'm new to the forums, so forgive me if this is asked-and-answered somewhere else..

On other devices my preference has generally been to invert the screen, reading white text on black background. This usually makes it easier to read ebooks on an LCD screen for me. Obviously the Reader's screen is completely different and it's very comfortable to read as it is, but I'm wondering if it wouldn't be nicer with an inverted screen. In particular I'm thinking that it might make page-turning a little less jarring because it would only flash the text not the entire page.

Anyone know if it's possible to invert the text, either on the device or by pre-formatting the documents in some way? Is there a hack of some sort?
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:10 AM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Yeah, there is, it took me a while to find the thread (and required knowing something about it to begin with ):

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=73267

Hope that helps.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
weatherman
Addict
weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.weatherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (previous: Kindle 2, Kindle Fire) Kindle 4 WiFi, K3K, KPW
Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Looks like there are ghosting issues, but it seems worth a try anyway. Thanks a bunch!
weatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No problem, glad to help.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 AM   #5
smaulz
smaulz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
Doesn't seem to work on the 505.
smaulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist

I'm not entirely surprised about that, it was developed fairly early on in the 500's "day" and I don't know if the developer ever really "finished" it.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
smaulz
smaulz began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader (PRS-505)
Bummer, hopefully somebody will pick this one up and run with it. I'd like to see this functionality available on my 505.
smaulz is offline   Reply With Quote