Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-08-2020, 03:49 AM   #1
keele
keele began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Image : small rendering

Hello,

I have an image issue with my Kindle Touch. Images are rendered smaller than it should making it hardest to read for my daughter and her eyes.

I double checked on my Kindle (4th gen I guess) and the image is rendered correctly as seen below :

I also checked about software zoom (to the max : 14) and margin (the lowest).

Does anyone know why image rendering is different between kindles and how I can set this (possibly with Calibre).

Regards
keele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 04:29 AM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
If the problem occurred with an epub book that you converted with Calibre, try converting it to the KFX format with jhowell's KFX output plugin.

If it doesn't make a difference, post the HTML source code for one of the pages.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2020, 07:58 AM   #3
keele

Thanks for the fast reply @Doitsu

It is no proper ebook format, it is a CBR file which Calibre converted.

I did it many time without any problem by now but on this new reader, display is not working properly.

Please also note that I have a third reader (Sony-PRS) which also display it properly.
Old 11-08-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've found that the Kindle Keyboard (gen 3), sometimes does images smaller than the PW3. Since the KK3 is much lower resolution than the PW3, it makes no sense. I've been meaning to look at the CSS. Same KF8 file converted with "Tablet" as page size from epub2.

In general I've found that a tiny difference in HTML or CSS for an image might have no obvious effect on Sony, Binatone, app, Kobo, Nook but behave very differently after conversion to KF7 and KF8 and not behave the same on different Kindles.

So I test anything new on everything.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:46 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by keele View Post
Thanks for the fast reply @Doitsu

It is no proper ebook format, it is a CBR file which Calibre converted.

I did it many time without any problem by now but on this new reader, display is not working properly.

Please also note that I have a third reader (Sony-PRS) which also display it properly.
User error. Your settings are wrong. You need to set your output profile to Tablet in order to not have the images resized.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-13-2020, 01:57 AM   #6
keele

@JSWolf and @Quoth thanks for those pieces of information, I'll be trying to change the output profile and let you know about the results.
Old 04-10-2021, 02:56 PM   #7
keele

@JSWolf & @Quoth : it worked, thanks for your help!

Tags
kindle, rendering issue