Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #1
lucasmpr
Enthusiast
lucasmpr began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
How can I hide the statusbar?

I'm trying to hide the statusbar on KT3 firmware 5.8.7.0.1.

As a side thing I want to find all the possible properties of an object. (The json that we send to lipc-set-prop, how do people find those? I'm trying words at random that could make sense, is there a better way?

To hide it,

I've tried old methods as interrogatePillow with nativeBridge.hideMe(), didn't work.

I've tried calling lipc-set-prop com.lab126.chromebar configureChrome with many random commands {hidden:true}

I've tried calling lipc-set-prop com.lab126.pillow displayChrome. But It looks like I need to know what to send it.

There's also com.lab126.pillow dismissChrome.

Any hints?
lucasmpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 12:21 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
lipc-set-prop
or
lipc-set-prop help
or
just read the code, a lot of it is either bash or Lua.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2017, 09:41 PM   #3
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

I know how lipc-set-prop works. I would not ask it here if I didn't tried it before.

I'm trying to find the JSON arguments.

The only way I can think of finding it with lipc-set-prop and lipc-set-prop help is by trying things at random, imagining if I was a dev at lab126 what shoud I do. It's a bit dumb.

I tried looking into /etc/xdg/awesome Lua's I cant find a way to properly hide the statusbar.

There's other folders that contain lipc registers?

I see that the screensaver must hide it somehow (maybe?). It emits an event titleBarVisibilityChanged, but that's all that I could find there. (And that com.lab126.winmg has a property called "chromeState" but it is only for the arrow and menu bar

Is it me what they call chromebar is not really defined. sometimes chrome is the statusbar, sometimes it is the full header...
Old 07-23-2017, 10:37 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The help function **used to** list the acceptable arguments.
Which would save you a lot of guessing.

Lipc is a wrapper on DBus - and there is a utility on-board that lets you monitor DBus messages.
That could help, to see working examples, and if lucky, ones that you can use.

Is 'find' installed on your model of Kindle?
I do not recall if it is or we had to build it.

grep <recursive> is certainly installed.

Like you wrote - guessing is just a dumb waste of time.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #5
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm trying to do some grep -ril "configureChrome" / but nothing so far to hide the statusbar.

It gave me

/opt/var/local/mesquite/adviewer/scripts/adviewer.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/kft/javascripts/kft.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/ku/javascripts/ku.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/mfa/javascripts/mfa.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/odac/javascripts/odac.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/prime/javascripts/prime.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/shared/javascripts/pillow.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/shared/js/chrome.js

I'm inspecting each file to see if I can find something interesting to hide it. adviewer.js has a really big configureChrome. But nothing to hide it.

In WebView they used a thing called InterrogatePillow and injecting javascript functions there, but I'm getting no results. Calling "nativeBridge.hideMe()" this way does nothing. Or I'm looking in the wrong directions as I have no idea how interrogatePillow works.

Yes, "find" utility is there.
Advert
Old 07-23-2017, 11:23 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucasmpr View Post
Yeah, I'm trying to do some grep -ril "configureChrome" / but nothing so far to hide the statusbar.

It gave me

/opt/var/local/mesquite/adviewer/scripts/adviewer.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/kft/javascripts/kft.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/ku/javascripts/ku.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/mfa/javascripts/mfa.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/odac/javascripts/odac.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/prime/javascripts/prime.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/shared/javascripts/pillow.js
/opt/var/local/mesquite/shared/js/chrome.js

I'm inspecting each file to see if I can find something interesting to hide it. adviewer.js has a really big configureChrome. But nothing to hide it.

In WebView they used a thing called InterrogatePillow and injecting javascript functions there, but I'm getting no results. Calling "nativeBridge.hideMe()" this way does nothing. Or I'm looking in the wrong directions as I have no idea how interrogatePillow works.

Yes, "find" utility is there.
adviewer sounds like the SpecialOffers ad handling.
That would do a lot of screen manipulations.
And maybe networking functions.

?? kft, ku, mfa, odac ??
Maybe I will recall something over-night on those.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:12 AM   #7
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

I dont think I'm finding that there. configureChrome doesn't seem like the right way.

I searched a lot, and the only native application that I can see that hides the statusbar is when you open a book.

So I tried the following:

- run dbus-monitor --system
- open a book
- see what happens.

ignal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=:1.972 serial=2 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameAcquired
string ":1.972"
signal sender=:1.15 -> dest=(null destination) serial=11235 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.wifid; member=signalStrength
string "1/5"
signal sender=:1.15 -> dest=(null destination) serial=11236 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.wifid; member=scanning
signal sender=:1.15 -> dest=(null destination) serial=11237 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.wifid; member=scanComplete
signal sender=:1.15 -> dest=(null destination) serial=11238 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.wifid; member=signalStrength
string "3/5"
signal sender=:1.9 -> dest=(null destination) serial=391 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.powerd; member=t1TimerReset
signal sender=:1.4 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3406 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.appmgrd; member=appStateChange
string "com.lab126.booklet.reader"
string "go"
int32 0
signal sender=:1.4 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3407 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.appmgrd; member=appActivating
int32 0
string ""
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=7 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string ":1.973"
string ""
signal sender=org.freedesktop.DBus -> dest=(null destination) serial=8 path=/org/freedesktop/DBus; interface=org.freedesktop.DBus; member=NameOwnerChanged
string "com.lab126.reader.operations"
string ""
signal sender=:1.254 -> dest=(null destination) serial=1105 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.winmgr; member=titleBarVisiblityChange
string "invisible"
signal sender=:1.254 -> dest=(null destination) serial=1106 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.winmgr; member=titleBarVisiblityChange
string "invisible"

signal sender=:1.4 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3410 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.appmgrd; member=appStarted
signal sender=:1.4 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3411 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.appmgrd; member=appStateChange
string "go"
int32 1
signal sender=:1.4 -> dest=(null destination) serial=3412 path=/default; interface=com.lab126.appmgrd; member=appActivating
int32 1
string ""

Somehow we get an event titleBarVisibilityChange string "invisible". Any ideas on how I can discover what lipc command that triggered it?
Old 07-24-2017, 06:21 AM   #8
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
Check here
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 06:42 AM   #9
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

Hi encol, thanks for the response, but I don't see a way of hiding the statusbar there. Is it and I'm just not seeing it?

I've used this as reference for searching for some new ways of hiding it.

Do you know if interrogatePillow still works?

Thanks.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:00 AM   #10
encol
Evangelist
encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.encol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 5.8.5.0.1
No, there isn't.
Just check the \"titleBar\" way (Branch Delay's method)

Also, if not already done, check these lipc properties:
Code:
com.lab126.winmgr
	w 	Str	refreshOnTurn
	r	Str	accelerometer	[U]
	w	Str	setPreference
	w	Str	liglDebugParams
	w	Str	defineWipeCurve
	w	Str	visibleWindows
	rw	Str	setAccOrientation	[0]
	w	Str	liglFlash
	rw	Int	liglPause	[0]
	rw	Str	pageTurnkeyConfig	[Normal]
	r	Str	getActiveAppTitle	[L:A_N:application_ID:com.lab126.booklet.home_M:false_PC:TS_RC:true_WT:true_ASR:true_O:U_WTNB:false_WTPB:false]
	w	Str	fakeKeyEvent
	w	Str	getAllWindows
	rw	Str	logLevel	[Current log level=info
(Possible transient levels: all, perf, debug[9-0], info, warn, error, crit, none)
(Possible persistent levels: p_all, p_perf, p_debug[0-9], p_info, p_warn, p_error, p_crit, p_none)]
	r	Int	winmgrReady	[1]
	rw	Str	debugInfo	[]
	w	Str	fakeTap
	rw	Str	logMask	[0x0fff0000]
	rw	Int	grip_enabled	[1]
	w	Int	extendDamageTimeout
	rw	Int	chromeState	[0]
	w	Str	focusChrome
	rw	Int	ASRMode	[0]
	r	Str	orientation	[U]
	rw	Int	enableDispalyEvents	[0]
	rw	Str	orientationLock	[U]
Code:
com.lab126.winmgr
	w 	Str	refreshOnTurn
	r	Str	accelerometer	[U]
	w	Str	setPreference
	w	Str	liglDebugParams
	w	Str	defineWipeCurve
	w	Str	visibleWindows
	rw	Str	setAccOrientation	[0]
	w	Str	liglFlash
	rw	Int	liglPause	[0]
	rw	Str	pageTurnkeyConfig	[Normal]
	r	Str	getActiveAppTitle	[L:A_N:application_ID:com.lab126.booklet.home_M:false_PC:TS_RC:true_WT:true_ASR:true_O:U_WTNB:false_WTPB:false]
	w	Str	fakeKeyEvent
	w	Str	getAllWindows
(Possible transient levels: all, perf, debug[9-0], info, warn, error, crit, none)
(Possible persistent levels: p_all, p_perf, p_debug[0-9], p_info, p_warn, p_error, p_crit, p_none)]
	r	Int	winmgrReady	[1]
	rw	Str	debugInfo	[]
	w	Str	fakeTap
	rw	Int	grip_enabled	[1]
	w	Int	extendDamageTimeout
	rw	Int	chromeState	[0]
	w	Str	focusChrome
	rw	Int	ASRMode	[0]
	r	Str	orientation	[U]
	rw	Int	enableDispalyEvents	[0]
	rw	Str	orientationLock	[U]
Code:
com.lab126.pillow
	w 	Str	disableEnablePillow
	w	Str	dismissChrome
	w	Str	customDialog
	w	Str	applicationWindow
	w	Str	activityIndicator
	w	Str	debugInfo
	w	Str	displayChrome
	w	Str	interrogatePillow
	rw	Has	interrogatePillowHash	[*NOT SHOWN*]
	w	Str	pillowAlert
and

Code:
nativeBridge.dismissChrome();
encol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:39 AM   #11
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I
I searched a lot, and the only native application that I can see that hides the statusbar is when you open a book.
So open a book.
You want to display html, correct?
The reader can display html.

My CPU Report add-in writes its report in html, and the reader displays it just fine.
(note: an Amazon quirk, the extension must be ".txt")

Some of the Amazon/Lab126 internals also write their output in html, with '.txt' extension and use the reader to display it (without the bar).
Old 07-25-2017, 10:29 AM   #12
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

I want to display html with JS that updates it every X seconds. I dont think it is possible with kindlets

And give back to the community a version of WebLaunch that works.

PaulFreund used interrogatePillow to do many things in it. But I dont manage to make it work.
Old 07-25-2017, 11:06 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I want to display html with JS that updates it every X seconds. I dont think it is possible with kindlets

And give back to the community a version of WebLaunch that works.

PaulFreund used interrogatePillow to do many things in it. But I dont manage to make it work.
Take a close look at the code of the the booklet form of KUAL.
Note: The main screen is also a booklet.

Hmm... Screenshot:
http://files.ak-team.com/niluje/tmp/kualbooklet.png
Misc. reading (should include link to public repository):
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/group.php?groupid=76

I haven't done any Java for over twenty years, so I may be wrong on this point:
I think the reader is just an extension of the base booklet.

Of course, now this is involving Java, not just JavaScript (which has nothing to do with Java).
Old 07-25-2017, 11:58 AM   #14
lucasmpr
Enthusiast

Well, yes.

I can go in this direction, build everything in java, a booklet and everything.

Seems a bit too much just to have a screen that updates itself, just to hide the statusbar.

Maybe, that's an option, for the moment I'm searching a way to use 'interrogatePillow'.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:01 PM   #15
knc1
Going Viral

So maybe don't hide the status bar, it does have several useful functions if you want to get out of the application without pulling the battery.