Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 01:05 PM   #31
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
No. And I also see it at the top.
But that said: I'm using the inverted color setting a long time and it was already present in FR 4.5.9587 and even earlier then that IIRC.
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:50 PM   #32
gillesit
gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.gillesit shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook 912 - Kobo AuraOne
"Custom reading footer style" trouble

Enable the "Custom reading footer style" patch and run 4.6.9995.bat
I find this mistake:

Read 5213896 bytes from input file 'E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sour ce\nickel'
Ignoring disabled patch `Disable reading footer`
find_base_address: unique string at 004B885F
E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\tools\pa32lsb. exe: line 81 in 'E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sour ce\nickel.patch': replace_string mismatched data.
ERROR processing E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sourc e\nickel.patch

ciao
gillesit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #33
mathil
Evangelist
mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mathil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O/Glo HD/Libra 2, Kindle PW3/PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
I find this mistake:

Read 5213896 bytes from input file 'E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sour ce\nickel'
E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\tools\pa32lsb. exe: line 81 in 'E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sour ce\nickel.patch': replace_string mismatched data.
ERROR processing E:\Kobo\4.6.9995\patch_kobo_4069995\4.6.9995_sourc e\nickel.patch

ciao
This is a thread for discussing the firmware, not the patch. You should ask this in the correct thread.
mathil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesit View Post
I find this mistake:

ciao
Please see https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=291203 to post about your error and also post the patch from within the .patch file that's not working.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #35
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
4.6.9995 is running noticeably faster on my H2O.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2017, 04:36 PM   #36
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
In the authors list of books is displayed in the form of covers, and the change does not work (not remembered).
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:17 PM   #37
Stevex
Addict
Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Stevex is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
The delay going out of a book to the home screen went. It was many seconds, now it's instantaneous (near enough)
Stevex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:53 PM   #38
stewacide
Groupie
stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stewacide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O Ed. 2, Glo HD, Glo, Touch
I miss the old-style home screen (as on the left of pic). It was totally customizable and dynamic, compared to the new one which isn't at all. Seems like a huge step back.

I assume they did this simply so they could push what they wanted from the store to everyones' homescreen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	maxresdefault-37.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	119.2 KB
ID:	159444  
stewacide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:42 PM   #39
lightbulbjim
Enthusiast
lightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five words

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
I miss the old-style home screen (as on the left of pic). It was totally customizable and dynamic, compared to the new one which isn't at all. Seems like a huge step back.

I assume they did this simply so they could push what they wanted from the store to everyones' homescreen.
I really don't get all the hate for the new home screen
  1. As long as you have more than one book open then only the bottom two panels (with no pictures) link to the store. Everything else on the screen shows books on your device.
  2. If you want to browse the books on your device then it's far easier to just use "My Books" anyway.
  3. How many times do you even visit the home screen? >99% of the time my reader is switched on I'm reading a book.

Not trying to start a debate, it's just that I frequently see comments about this and it seems like it's really not a big deal at all.

The new Kindle home screen, now, that thing is nasty
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:51 PM   #40
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
I really don't get why people complain about other people complaining.

You like it, fine, go ahead and like it.

Other people don't like it, it's no skin off your nose.

We keep having these discussions and I just don't get it at all.
khalleron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #41
lightbulbjim
Enthusiast
lightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five wordslightbulbjim can name that ebook in five words

I’m not complaining about other people complaining, just as you aren’t complaining about other people complaining about other people complaining .

Really, I’m not not bothered which option people prefer. I’m simply seeking to understand.
lightbulbjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #42
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
In the authors list of books is displayed in the form of covers, and the change does not work (not remembered).
It is working correctly here. But, the setting isn't stored for each list. Changing the view changes the view for all lists.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #43
Blas
Ulica Guy
Blas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and graceBlas herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: Kobo H2O and Motorola XOOM 2(for comics)
can I still use those patches on this room? sorry for the silly question
Blas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #44
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I really don't get why people complain about other people complaining.

You like it, fine, go ahead and like it.

Other people don't like it, it's no skin off your nose.

We keep having these discussions and I just don't get it at all.
My problem isn't people complaining, but people posting incorrect information. If, as stewacide suggested, the change to the home screen was so that the Kobo store appeared more than before, they failed miserably. I haven't seen the recommendations or related books on my home screen for weeks. The store link is there, but it has been on every single version of the home screen that I have seen. My Aura ONE shows less evidence of the store than the previous tiled home screen.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #45
koboy
Wizard
koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Touch, Amazon Kindle.
only Kobo know the reason/reasons why they changed the home screen, that being said i do think they deserve credit for trying to improve the Firmware and giving updates to all the older models except the Mini.

best wishes koboy
koboy is offline   Reply With Quote