Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2017, 09:37 PM   #1
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW,KOBO H2O
calibre cannot recognize kindle books anymore

After I purchase a kindle book, I usually send to my laptop and then I open Kindle software in my laptop, then I open calibre to import the file. Recently, I found each kindle file has it own folder(I remembered it used to be all kindle books in one folder) and even I import kindle content file into calibre, there is no book cover and I cannot open it. Is there anything I missed?

Thanks
Smartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:50 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Are you running into KFX?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=283371

Last edited by AnemicOak; 05-14-2017 at 09:54 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
Smartie
Addict
Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smartie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, it is KFX issue,

but when I typed this

ren %localappdata%\Amazon\Kindle\application\renderer-test.exe renderer-test.xxx

I got error message

A duplicate file name exists, or the file
cannot be found.

I am running on win 10
Old 05-14-2017, 10:57 PM   #4
Smartie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
fixed! you are my hero!!!
Old 11-12-2017, 07:36 PM   #5
Smartie
Addict

Hi

had this issue again(not sure why, but I have fixed and this issue appeared again
When I type "ren" function, windows 10 give me an error saying couldn't find "ren" function, which function I should use instead?

Thanks
Advert
Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
Hi

had this issue again(not sure why, but I have fixed and this issue appeared again
When I type "ren" function, windows 10 give me an error saying couldn't find "ren" function, which function I should use instead?

Thanks
This is not a Kindle issue. This is a Windows issue and yes, ren works for me in Windows 10 command prompt.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:55 AM   #7
Smartie
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This is not a Kindle issue. This is a Windows issue and yes, ren works for me in Windows 10 command prompt.
Thanks

Just manually rename the file from test.exe to test.xxx and re-download the book