Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-04-2023, 09:10 AM   #1
Bozana
Bozana began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Question Tags Sort In Individual eBooks

I would like to know the sort function in Search & Replace, to sort my tags from A to Z, please?

I've been doing this:

When I want to do on mass via Search and Replace:

Can anyone help me. please? I've been looking years for a solution.

Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sort 1.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	200088   Click image for larger version

Name:	sort 2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	200089  

Last edited by theducks; 03-04-2023 at 10:29 AM. Reason: removed oversize inline images
Bozana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 03:28 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm not sure you can. IIRC the metadata editor always shows list items in the order they are stored, which is the order they were entered. They get sorted when they are displayed or otherwise presented (e.g. in a so-called jacket).

Another reason I prefer to enter/edit metadata in the book-list.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2023, 03:43 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Almost all values in Calibre are tables in a Relational Database.
The first use of a value makes the entry in the <value type> table and gets assigned an 'Index number'.
The that index is linked to the Title (index).
All additional uses (other books)just use the index as a link.
The indexes are sequentially assigned and never change.
Bottom line is, the book metadata entry will be biased by previously use of the value when imported.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:03 AM   #4
Bozana
Bozana began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Thank you both for answering me.

So, basically it can't be done with a sort function (regex) on mass. :-S
Bozana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:29 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

??? Where are you looking?
Because when I look at the:
'Jacket' (generated by Calibre) in the book,
The Info pane,
The Details section in the Library...
Mine are now sorted.
Obviously, I did something builtin to Calibre or a plugin I frequently use, because When I first get some books, they are not always ordered.

Things I regularly use: Polish, Count Pages, Resize Cover ( why would that...), and the Editor (It gets rid / packs more CSS than Polish)
Old 03-07-2023, 04:36 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
??? Where are you looking?
Because when I look at the:
'Jacket' (generated by Calibre) in the book,
The Info pane,
The Details section in the Library...
Mine are now sorted.
Obviously, I did something builtin to Calibre or a plugin I frequently use, because When I first get some books, they are not always ordered.

Things I regularly use: Polish, Count Pages, Resize Cover ( why would that...), and the Editor (It gets rid / packs more CSS than Polish)
Look at the OP's first screen shot, it's a fragment of the Single Metadata Edit dialogue, which I know you use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
. . . the metadata editor always shows list items in the order they are stored, which is the order they were entered. They get sorted when they are displayed or otherwise presented (e.g. in a so-called jacket).
BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:04 PM   #7
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Taglike columns will always be sorted when they're displayed. However, if them being unsorted in Edit Metadata bothers you, this template will also sort tags:

Code:
program: list_sort($tags, 0, ',')
As far as I'm aware, the only way to modify a non-composite column with a template is the Action Chains plugin.

Import the attached file into Action Chains in the config dialog:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-03-07 18_02_45-Window.png
Views:	70
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	200187
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sort Tags.zip (5.1 KB, 62 views)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 05:34 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Look at the OP's first screen shot, it's a fragment of the Single Metadata Edit dialogue, which I know you use.

BR
Oh Yes! Extremely frequently
So One of those PI must be cleaning up the order as the MDE is now showing Alphabetically

Tags
regex function, regex sort, sort, sort tags, tags