Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #76
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomdoggy View Post
Hi. I am using EpubCheck 0.1.3 in Calibre 4.9.1 on a Windows 7 machine. I have updated EpubCheck to later versions several times but I always go back to 0.1.3. The newer version seems to install, but when I try to use it to check a book I get no results. Is there some setting that I have missed? Also, is there an archive of old versions so I can figure out the latest version that works for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great plugin.
You may not what to hear this, but if you can, upgrade to 64-bit Windows 10. Less and less will work with Windows 7.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:35 PM   #77
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I copied the json text into my EpubCheck.json file. I ran the plugin on a book. No results. Nothing in the clipboard. Now my json file looked like this:

Spoiler:

Code:
{
  "check_interval": 7, 
  "clipboard_copy": true, 
  "close_cb": false, 
  "github": true, 
  "is32bit": false, 
  "java_path": "java", 
  "last_time_checked": "2020-01-26 13:11:28.010000", 
  "locale": "en", 
  "usage": false
}

I changed the "is32bit" setting to true and ran it again. Still no results. Clipboard empty. I'm not sure if I posted the code correctly. These are my first posts here. Sorry. Thanks for your help
One quick question is what version of Java are you running?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2020, 04:48 PM   #78
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I copied the json text into my EpubCheck.json file. I ran the plugin on a book. No results.
Please open a Command Prompt window, enter:

Code:
java -version
and post the output.

If you're getting:

Code:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
you'll need to re-install the latest Java version and restart your computer.

(AFAIK, the latest EPUBCheck version requires at least Java 1.8.0_152.)

Last edited by Doitsu; 01-26-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:22 PM   #79
boomdoggy
boomdoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
No results

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
One quick question is what version of Java are you running?

java version "1.8.0_241"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)

Windows 7 64bit. I was using 32bit java. I installed 64bit java and the plugin still does not work. EpubCheck 0.1.3 works. Guess I'll go back to it or use the online tool. I really like the way I can go directly to any errors with the plugin.
boomdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 06:44 PM   #80
boomdoggy
boomdoggy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Please open a Command Prompt window, enter:

Code:
java -version
and post the output.

If you're getting:

Code:
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
you'll need to re-install the latest Java version and restart your computer.

(AFAIK, the latest EPUBCheck version requires at least Java 1.8.0_152.)
Problem solved. After installing 64bit java and removing the plugin in calibre I deleted everything related to EpubCheck in my calibre configuration directory. Then, I reinstalled the plugin. It now works! Thanks to everyone for their help and thank you Doitsu for a great tool.
boomdoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2020, 08:38 PM   #81
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
@boomdoggy: Good to hear you got the problem solved.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 02:20 PM   #82
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I think a note in the plugin should be added so wheb it's first run, it can tell people to install 64-bit Java on a 64-bit Windows.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 01:32 AM   #83
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Hi Doitsu. I've installed your plugin. How do I now check an epub using your plugin?
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 02:57 AM   #84
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Hi Doitsu. I've installed your plugin. How do I now check an epub using your plugin?
  1. In Calibre, right-click a book and Select Edit book.
  2. In Calibre Editor select Plugins > Run EpubCheck.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:43 AM   #85
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Help with ePubCheck

My old Windows 7 PC recently broke down and I have replaced it with a shiny new Windows 10 PC.

I have been rebuilding my set of software and learning about Windows 10 this last two or three weeks and have hit a problem I have been unable to fix.

Calibre and the plugins I use were almost the first things I installed.

Now I come to try and use Calibre and ePubCheck I keep getting the following error message.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Error Message.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	177878

I have tried reinstalling ePubcheck, Calibre and Java but nothing I have tried works (all the latest versions).

The version of ePubCheck in my installation of Sigil is working correctly.

My system Windows 10, with the latest versions of Java, Calibre and ePubcheck.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 08:14 AM   #86
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thasaidon View Post
I have tried reinstalling ePubcheck, Calibre and Java but nothing I have tried works (all the latest versions).
1. Open the Calibre plugins folder (Preferences > Miscellaneous > Open Calibre configuration directory).
2. Double-click plugins.
3. Open EpubCheck.json
4. Change the following entry:

Code:
to

Code:
  "is32bit": true,
Old 03-24-2020, 08:24 AM   #87
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Moderator Notice
Posts were deleted: do not undermine (or interfere with) a plugin creator's support process.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 04:49 AM   #88
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
4. Change the following entry:

Code:
to

Code:
  "is32bit": true,
Thank you.

That was very easy. My struggles with Windows 10 getting things how I want them were not so easy.
Still I am learning which keeps me happy.
Thasaidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 03:58 AM   #89
nephtys59
Enthusiast
nephtys59 began at the beginning.

Device: Android Tablet
Exclamation

Hi, using EpubCheck 4.2.2 with Calibre Editor 4.18.
Getting a lot of DOCTYPE errors but Calibre Editor does not use DOCTYPE declarations.
Is it possible to fix it? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-06-16 09_56_09-Window.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	179929  
nephtys59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 08:31 AM   #90
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephtys59 View Post
Hi, using EpubCheck 4.2.2 with Calibre Editor 4.18.
Getting a lot of DOCTYPE errors but Calibre Editor does not use DOCTYPE declarations.
Is it possible to fix it? Thanks!
If your book is an epub2 book, try changing the preamble in all html files to:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="it" lang="it">