Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-21-2013, 12:29 PM   #31
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Jailbreak successful on my PW2. Thanks !
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #32
Anubis14
All hail Eris!
Anubis14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
same here. I installed the screensaver hack as well. so far they do not show up. lol.
Anubis14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Okay, got something neat polished up. Working on the doc now .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:10 PM   #34
Anubis14
All hail Eris!
Anubis14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
merci beaucoup!!

also, for kicks (I'm a glutton for punishment apparently) I just updated to 5.4.2. jailbreak looks like it kept.
Anubis14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch

netcat for windows... http://joncraton.org/files/nc111nt.zip
probably the rest could be refactored in similar Winwoes friendly utils/scripts with a bit of love.

I'm shutting up now.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #36
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Don't shout at me please, this is probably a silly question as the answer may follow from what we know about PW1, but just in case it doesn't: if I let my PW2 break out of jail, would there a way to put it safely back in prison for Amazon warranty purposes?

Last edited by johndoesecond; 11-21-2013 at 04:04 PM.
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:07 PM   #37
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Bridge & JB updated .

Thanks everyone!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:10 PM   #38
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Merci m'sieur

And a great big to the dev team as a whole

Last edited by Yolina; 11-21-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:45 PM   #39
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by johndoesecond View Post
Don't shout at me please, this is probably a silly question as the answer may follow from what we know about PW1, but just in case it doesn't: if I let my PW2 beak out of jail, would there a way to put it safely back in prison for Amazon warranty purposes?
Yes -
Although it does not matter.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:29 PM   #40
levante
Connoisseur
levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.levante beat Jules Verne's record by 5 days.

Device: kindle NT, PW1, PW2, Kobo H2O
Jailbreak OK here, with 5.4.0.

Waiting for JBPatch

Thank you very much.

Last edited by levante; 11-21-2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: 5.4.0, not 4.2.0
levante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #41
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Thank you, I now have a jailbroken PW2! Now I have to go back and see if I can find the files to make the screen savers.

And I have screen savers!

May not be much, but it's a start

Last edited by booklover6; 11-21-2013 at 04:23 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #42
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Thank you so much!!

PW2 with 5.4.0 worked great and my personal screensavers are installed and showing. Woohoo! Happy dance! I'm changing fonts and margins with embedding and css for now, but this is great progress!
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:04 PM   #43
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
I'm changing fonts and margins with embedding and css for now, ...
How do you exactly do that?
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #44
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224888

For font embedding and changing the margins on the PW2.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #45
mallums
Enthusiast
mallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheesemallums can extract oil from cheese

Device: KT4
Talking Am I jailbroken or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallums View Post
So. Am I jailbroken, or not? jb-sh.txt seems to indicate a problem with the dev certs.
Okay, I didn't hear back from you before I went to bed, so when I got up today quite a bit of work had been done in my absence. I decided to answer my own question by reinstalling the jailbreak from the new package, and it ran fine with no issues.

Then I ran the USB networking install with no issues, so I conclude that I am in fact fully jailbroken now.

Woohooo! Good work guys!
mallums is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
5.4.0, jailbreak, paperwhite