Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2023, 02:22 PM   #1
crispybegs
crispybegs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
Is there a definitive guide to a constantly changing screensaver for K4NT?

Hi all, just joined up here after being redirected from reddit and I hope you can help.

I inherited a Kindle 4 (non-touch, with the navigation button) and I'd like to try turning it into a photo display that periodically changes the image automatically and displays full-screen.

I've jailbroken the unit and I've tried following various guides, but they either only allow you to change the default screensaver and then nothing further without manual intervention.. or don't seem to apply to my unit.

Is it actually possible to do this on my unit? If so, is there a tried and tested guide I can follow somewhere?

Thanks in advance for any pointers you can give me.
crispybegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 06:51 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=88004
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2023, 06:57 AM   #3
crispybegs
crispybegs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
thank you. that's a pretty huge thread, and doesn't seem to have been updated for some years. I checked the screensaver section in the first post but didn't see anything about screensaver / image swapping with intervention (powering on & off). Is such a thing possible?
crispybegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2023, 08:50 AM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
No idea. On every Kindle I owned I've only used screensaver hack in book cover mode.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote