Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2021, 01:03 PM   #31
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Also, this should possibly be done with the gyro *disabled* (this might be easier achieved in KOReader), because I'm actually overwhelmingly seeing the device in Portrait in your latest zip .

(And nickel and/or KOReader rotating behind the tool's back *would* screw things up ^^).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-24-2021 at 01:09 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:43 PM   #32
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
I'm going to need an idea of *where* you were actually touching the screen to make sense of what's happening, though ;o).
Mostly diagonal movements from one of the corners towards the center. Or parallels thereto. On the nickel home screen.

Quote:
(And nickel and/or KOReader rotating behind the tool's back *would* screw things up ^^).
I've had it sitting still next to me, so there shouldn't have been a lot of autorotation going on. But I can try disabling it.

Last edited by xor_; 10-24-2021 at 01:45 PM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:00 PM   #33
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
*Which* corner, though .

(For example, a simple short swipe from the top-left corner (relative to the current rotation) should be enough ).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #34
xor_
Zealot
xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xor_ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Edit:

New try. This time logging the finger_trace for all 4 rotations separately. And trying to rotate the movement with them.

UR: diagonal from upper left
CW: diagonal from upper right
UD: diagonal from lower right
CCW: diagonal from lower left.

The optical results for UR and UD make sense this way.
For CW and CCW, the optical results are reversed, almost as if the rotation was counterclockwise instead of clockwise.
Attached Files
File Type: zip traces3.zip (3.4 KB, 140 views)

Last edited by xor_; 10-26-2021 at 06:38 AM.
xor_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #35
Andwil
Andwil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I've also just gotten the device.
Since this post seemed to address Libra 2 mods in general, I figured I'd chime in here.

I'm trying to get dark mode to work with Nickelmenu, but it throws an error. (I find the dark mode placement inside settings menu a bit annoying) Invert mode works fine, but requires a screen rotation inside a book to engage. Main menu needs an open book and rotation to become inverted.
Rest of Nickelmenu works well.

Anybody knows how to set up Nickelmenu with the factory dark mode on this device?

By the way, dropbox cloud hack works well.
Andwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:37 AM   #36
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Presumably related to https://github.com/pgaskin/NickelMenu/issues/111
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 03:16 PM   #37
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura HD
getting Chess back

So, I'll probably be buying the libra 2, but my last two e-readers had the ability to play chess on it. I believe I read somewhere that Kobo did not delete the chess files on the newer e-readers, so you could get them back simply by creating the icon. Would it be possible to get chess working on the new libra, either through the same process or a different one?
A-Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 04:53 PM   #38
Nikoz
Enthusiast
Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nikoz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Curiosity View Post
So, I'll probably be buying the libra 2, but my last two e-readers had the ability to play chess on it. I believe I read somewhere that Kobo did not delete the chess files on the newer e-readers, so you could get them back simply by creating the icon. Would it be possible to get chess working on the new libra, either through the same process or a different one?
I used the devenv trick to activate some "beta" functions, but there's only card games, sudoku, word game and unblock it. It'd be great if they just hid chess and someone knows how to get it back.

Somewhat related, I used to play pbchess on my kindle, and now I have a libra 2 and have installed pbchess on it as well. The problem is it gets stuck at the language selection menu: I can't touch anything and can only highlight the first and last items with the physical button. Is there a way to fix that? I don't know where the problem comes from (pbchess or nickelmenu or something else?), I e-mailed pbchess' creator but received no reply and I can't register on his forum (I don't receive the activation e-mail)
Nikoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:35 AM   #39
A-Curiosity
Enthusiast
A-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitA-Curiosity with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikoz View Post
I used the devenv trick to activate some "beta" functions, but there's only card games, sudoku, word game and unblock it. It'd be great if they just hid chess and someone knows how to get it back.

Somewhat related, I used to play pbchess on my kindle, and now I have a libra 2 and have installed pbchess on it as well. The problem is it gets stuck at the language selection menu: I can't touch anything and can only highlight the first and last items with the physical button. Is there a way to fix that? I don't know where the problem comes from (pbchess or nickelmenu or something else?), I e-mailed pbchess' creator but received no reply and I can't register on his forum (I don't receive the activation e-mail)
I'd be very much interested in that as well, I'd love to play pbchess if possible, but if the creator is no longer active that would be a bit of a problem
A-Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:42 AM   #40
Sonnenfee
Zealot
Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sonnenfee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Sony, Woxter
I really like my Libra 2, the contrast is great better than the libra h2o. My Kobos (except Sage) are running with KOReader - I love the one-click package offered here in the forum and also the easy way to install and use.

The only thing missing for my happiness is KOReader on the Libra 2.

I know there are nightly versions of KOReader but as standalone it doesn't work. It is still missing something i.e. KFM etc. for using KOReader.

Would someone be so kind and explain me step by step how to get the KOReader working on my Libra 2. That would be fantastic!

Last edited by Sonnenfee; 11-13-2021 at 05:45 AM.
Sonnenfee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2021, 05:06 PM   #41
diamonddust
diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Grab the One-Click Install Packages here

Grab the nightly build v2021.10.1-65-g5709b4c2_2021-11-11 here

Unpack them in a temp folder and enable "show hidden folder". You should end up with something like this:

-Drag KoboRoot.tgz into Kobo Libra 2 .kobo folder
-Copy .adds folder into Kobo Libra 2 root folder

Now you need to replace the original koreader with the Nightly version. It's in the .adds in folder you have just copied in the Kobo Libra 2, just delete the koreader folder and copy the Nightly one.

The last thing to do is to modify the Kobo eReader.conf with a simple text editor

find this line [FeatureSettings] and add bellow this line:
Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
this is needed to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders.

Hopefully after ejecting the Kobo Libra 2 will reboot and it should have the NickelMenu with the KOReader.
diamonddust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 07:43 PM   #42
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddust View Post
Grab the One-Click Install Packages here

Grab the nightly build v2021.10.1-65-g5709b4c2_2021-11-11 here

Unpack them in a temp folder and enable "show hidden folder". You should end up with something like this:

-Drag KoboRoot.tgz into Kobo Libra 2 .kobo folder
-Copy .adds folder into Kobo Libra 2 root folder

Now you need to replace the original koreader with the Nightly version. It's in the .adds in folder you have just copied in the Kobo Libra 2, just delete the koreader folder and copy the Nightly one.

The last thing to do is to modify the Kobo eReader.conf with a simple text editor

find this line [FeatureSettings] and add bellow this line:
Code:
ExcludeSyncFolders=(\\.(?!kobo|adobe).+|([^.][^/]*/)+\\..+)
this is needed to prevent Nickel from scanning *nix hidden folders.

Hopefully after ejecting the Kobo Libra 2 will reboot and it should have the NickelMenu with the KOReader.
So this installs the nickelmenu together with KOReader?

after installing this, i can install another version (Dev build) of nickelmenu, right?
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 04:45 AM   #43
diamonddust
diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.diamonddust ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deobulakenyo View Post
So this installs the nickelmenu together with KOReader?

after installing this, i can install another version (Dev build) of nickelmenu, right?
After reboot there is an extra button, bottom right, that say Nickelmenu, so I guess yes.

Not sure about the second question, I haven't done it
Old 11-15-2021, 05:23 AM   #44
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamonddust View Post
After reboot there is an extra button, bottom right, that say Nickelmenu, so I guess yes.

Not sure about the second question, I haven't done it
The reason I asked is that there was a variant dev build of nickelmenu that sorts of enables some functions for the i believe IIRC the dark mode that i used in my libra h2o before.

If i use this one click installer, i am wondering if i can replace the nickelmenu with another version/variant.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2021, 05:45 AM   #45
diamonddust

I see, I think the One-Click Install Packages install the nickelmenu with koreader and kfmon. But I'm sure that you can add up more function to it, but I haven't look into it

Right now I reverted back to the Kobo default reader with .kepub, I find the in-book search function more useful.